The John Lambie Stand

Gnome on the Bing

This is an excellent decision with regards to the great man. I am not the only person wondering , when will the club also do something in lasting tribute to Partick Thistle’s greatest ever servant - Davie McParland.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rob1971 said:

Great decision.

See the BBC have got it wrong saying the Main Stand is being renamed !

Unbelievable.   Or should I say  oh so typical.  Wonder if they would get it wrong if it was either of the Old Firm.

Congrats to the Club for this and for moving fast with the name change. I feel it's so apt being the Stand that was literally built  because of the success brought about by John Lambie.

ps I too hope the Club will honour Davie McP in similar fashion. Maybe the new training facility tho obviously naming it after the Weirs is both appropriate and a strong possibility. Anyway that's for another day.

County cricket grounds name gates after players when they run out of stands to name.  Perhaps if that happens at Firhill, an arch over the road leading up the hill to the JHS could be called the Davie McParland gate.  However I still hold hopes about a DMcP south stand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e4b said:

This is an excellent decision with regards to the great man. I am not the only person wondering , when will the club also do something in lasting tribute to Partick Thistle’s greatest ever servant - Davie McParland.

Beat me to it e4b.    Of course it's well deserved recognition for John Lambie but couldn't help thinking another Thistle legend should have been honoured years ago.  Let's break with tradition for once and do so before nature takes it's course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Beat me to it e4b.    Of course it's well deserved recognition for John Lambie but couldn't help thinking another Thistle legend should have been honoured years ago.  Let's break with tradition for once and do so before nature takes it's course.

Agree.Lets do it while he is still with us.

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Congrats to the Club for this and for moving fast with the name change. I feel it's so apt being the Stand that was literally built  because of the success brought about by John Lambie.

ps I too hope the Club will honour Davie McP in similar fashion. Maybe the new training facility tho obviously naming it after the Weirs is both appropriate and a strong possibility. Anyway that's for another day.

I also sometimes wonder if I’m addit to mcparland that George Easton should be honoured by the club too

great to see the club honour the legendary John Lambie this way

A decision like this is always going to throw up others who have served the club. In my mind when we were at our lowest and it was touch and go if we would survive John Lambie came to our aid on his white charger with hid trusty man servant Gerry. I'm happy to have my season ticket in the JOHN LAMBIE stand...................Just have to build a south stand for Davie.....  

• Like 1