Ross County 4/5/18

Auld Jag

42 minutes ago, JeanieD said:

Frankly think it is ridiculous that this game is being played on a Friday night given the distance involved for Ross supporters.  If it were the other way round we would be raging.

Absolutely agree with your first sentence, though as regards your second sentence it was the other way round a few weeks ago when a creditable (but still greatly reduced) squadron of Thistle fans made it up to Dingwall on a Tuesday night. 

But two wrongs do not make a right. Both games could and should have been played on a Saturday afternoon.

6 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Win would obviously be great but I'd take a draw in this one.

I think we will win but 2 points ahead with two to play isn't too bad either.

Wouldn't change the team after two very good results recently.

Get behind the team and show them what it means to be Thistle through and through!!

But that would mean only 2 points ahead after tonight. With 2 games to go against m'well and dundee. We get zero points, they get just one win and we are down.

The players mind set has to be that we can get to 10th place and avoid even the play off cos if and i think they will, livi get through i dont fancy our chances. C'mon jags we can do it

Agree with GRE’s team.  Dropping Dools would not be the most popular choice however I think Storey (for his pace and directness) and Edwards for his running/energy should start.  Wee need a high tempo start and a repeat of the first 30mins of Motherwell game at Firhill in December could blow County away early doors.  C’mon Jags.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

But that would mean only 2 points ahead after tonight. With 2 games to go against m'well and dundee. We get zero points, they get just one win and we are down.

The players mind set has to be that we can get to 10th place and avoid even the play off cos if and i think they will, livi get through i dont fancy our chances. C'mon jags we can do it

You beat me to it Thistleberight.  Absolutely no way should we be approaching this game thinking a draw would be a decent result. 

We want at least 7 pts minimum from the next 3 games and this, on paper anyway, is the most winnable of those games.

Like you, I have a gut feeling that we may end up playing Livi in a play off.    I would rather we didn't find ourselves in that place as

history shows that Thistle seem to have a problem imposing themselves in that kind of situation,  for reasons more to do with mind-set rather than ability.

C'mon Jags, a win tonight please!!

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Absolutely agree with your first sentence, though as regards your second sentence it was the other way round a few weeks ago when a creditable (but still greatly reduced) squadron of Thistle fans made it up to Dingwall on a Tuesday night. 

But two wrongs do not make a right. Both games could and should have been played on a Saturday afternoon.

Agree entirely. 

Mentioning the last game in Dingwall reminds me we suffered a 0-4 drubbing. That was little over four weeks ago. Might be significant that both Edwards and Sammon started that match and our recent success, relatively at least, has seen that pair coming on as subs and being most effective. Whilst I see the logic in starting form players I can also see the benefits of using them as impact subs. 

As to the result, if the 0-4 had been back in the autumn and we were playing them at home a month later I'd most likely have been content with a draw. Different days!

If Booth is injured, Archie is way too conservative to bring in Penrice as a direct swap - he will switch Elliot and bring in McGinn - even though most fans would like to see the natural replacement in Penrice.

I agree with KOS's 11 eleven players as being the best we've got, but team probably lacks width, so think Archie will play Spittal, Lawless or Storey instead of Edwards.

Hopefully he keeps Osman on the bench and keeps McCarthy in the team.

I would love to see Sammon and Dools up top from the start.  But I don't really see how we can retain width and an attacking midfield presence if we do that.  Then there's the feeling that we might just start going long again from the off.  The big value of Sammon and Edwards recently has been introducing the fresh legs and change of approach.  

18 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Win would obviously be great but I'd take a draw in this one.

I think we will win but 2 points ahead with two to play isn't too bad either.

Wouldn't change the team after two very good results recently.

Get behind the team and show them what it means to be Thistle through and through!!

If you think we will win ,why is a draw a good result?We are at home we need to win and take confidence into Tuesday and we are in with a good chance of 10th.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

If you think we will win ,why is a draw a good result?We are at home we need to win and take confidence into Tuesday and we are in with a good chance of 10th.

Because I can put myself in their shoes.

How would we be feeling if we were two points adrift with 2 games to go, with Dundee in our next game and then St. Johnstone away?

To top it off, the team above us had gone 3 games undefeated with a win and 2 draws. 

And before anyone asks, yes, I would take the play off right now.

10 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Goes without saying that the players mind set should be on a win.

I'm a fan however and think a draw would just about do me.