Ross County 4/5/18

Auld Jag

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Abject nonsense ? , Edwards went off just after an hour , are you seriously telling me that we controlled the game after that , Spittal provided little or no cover for Elliott down the left hand side , so you're basically telling people who watched that game " exact opposite "was your quote that we controlled the midfield after Spittal came on .

Not  sure what game you were watching , we had a late flurry in the last 5 mins but we never controlled the midfield for the best part of the  2nd half at all 

We had our best chances in the entire second half through Spittal.

he set up Storey which produced a great save from the County keeper

we then had several chances from his corners as opposed to the hopeless corners woods had taken throughout the match

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Agree about not wanting a draw. My worry with Accies is that Motherwell will have one eye on the cup final when they play them on the last day. The main thing is that we need to win our 2 games so lets all keep the faith.

A draw leaves both sides reachable. A win puts one of them beyond us. Draw probably leave more potential combinations where we could finish 10th. What will be will be. 

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Abject nonsense ? , Edwards went off just after an hour , are you seriously telling me that we controlled the game after that , Spittal provided little or no cover for Elliott down the left hand side , so you're basically telling people who watched that game " exact opposite "was your quote that we controlled the midfield after Spittal came on .

Not  sure what game you were watching , we had a late flurry in the last 5 mins but we never controlled the midfield for the best part of the  2nd half at all 

Thought the substitution of Edwards was fairly obvious once we went 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1?). He's no wide player and carrying a booking into the bargain.

Agree with others re Storey being rotten. The only thing positive about him coming on was to allow Erskine to move back into his normal position, where he was playing well.

I doubt anyone would question the effort shown last night, even if it came thru a County mistake we were deserving of our goal lead. Thereafter I thought we were crying out for someone with more composure on the field. Trouble being that neither of the three players that can supply that quality, Osman, Barton and to a lesser degree Spittal, were selected  to start for understandable reasons. We probably dodged a bullet with Barton having to play at left centreback, not his best position by far, but on the positive side I thought he had a lot to do with that late flurry. Showed at least there's more to urgency that kick and run.

Last night we kicked off playing a similar game to the last home match v Motherwell. That kinda shock tactics worked then. Didn't quite come off last night and was only effective for the first quarter of the game as opposed to the whole first half against'Well.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

Dundee win for me. I think they are a better team than us tbh. Which now means that hamilton will win. Fate will decide.....

Agree Dundee win.Hamilton imo are more likely to go on a bad run and lose their last 2 games.But that also means we would need to take at least 4 points from our last 2 games to take advantage.

24 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We'll be fine when the injured players come back.

Oh absolutely. Archie was spot on there. 100% right not to bring in any replacements during January apart from Cargill to replace Turnbull. Banzo still hasn't played, nor has Muzzy, and Fraser is now sitting on the bench in Greenock. But I'm sure we will be fine when they're back. 

58 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Oh absolutely. Archie was spot on there. 100% right not to bring in any replacements during January apart from Cargill to replace Turnbull. Banzo still hasn't played, nor has Muzzy, and Fraser is now sitting on the bench in Greenock. But I'm sure we will be fine when they're back. 

Somebody better tell Fraser Morton's season is over and Duffy has been sacked.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Endell said:

It has been unrelenting misery since the post-split games last season. 

It has been a very poor season.The annoying thing for me is we have had chances to put pressure or even overtake the teams above us.Dundee at Firhill1-0 up with 10minutes to go we lose 2-1,Hamilton away 1-0 up lose 2-1,even last night a win would have put more pressure on Dundee and Hamilton before todays game.Now to be in with a chance of avoiding  the play off place we need 2 victories.

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That's the only tangible "positive." Yes, survival is in our hands, but only if Ross County continue to lose or draw.... a single win for them and failure by us to more than match their points total, then it's down we go.

Hope? Yes.

Realistic? Hell, yes!

If we win both our games there is nothing Ross County can do to overtake us. I am pretty sure that is what Allyo meant. Not sure why you think it is more likely that they succeed and we don’t ?

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

As I have said before I think Hamilton could struggle to get anymore than a point out of there remaining 2 games.So we need 2 victories and I think we would be 10th.

Please don’t get our hopes up mate.Neither saints nor Motherwell have anything to play for and I would be pleasantly surprised if an Accies team fighting for their lives were to lose both games- I would also need us likely to win both our games as well

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Please don’t get our hopes up mate.Neither saints nor Motherwell have anything to play for and I would be pleasantly surprised if an Accies team fighting for their lives were to lose both games- I would also need us likely to win both our games as well

Current score Motherwell 1 Saints 5.

So Motherwell will be taking the field on Tuesday with a rocket up their collective backside.

57 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

It is more in hope then expectation.What sort of team will Motherwell field 2 games away from a cup final? I know they play Hamilton last game ,I hope(that word again)with it being a derby it will mean Motherwell are more up for it.But at the end of the day our fate at the moment is still in our own hands.We could win both games and still be in the play off, but that still keeps it in our own hands.We off course have to beat Motherwell on Tuesday any other result could see us going bottom.

6 hours ago, Big Col said:

And based on performances in last couple of games, what's the most likely?

Who is more likely to win on Tuesday? If I had to predict then based on form since the split I’d say Thistle;

-County 2 points DLD

-Thistle 5 points WDD

Of course neither side may win but as DL1971 pointed out no one can predict with any certainty what will happen so why don’t we wait and see before writing our team off?

9 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Any update on Cargill's injury? 

In his post match interview on Jagzone (if you haven't signed up I would encourage you do so as it is very good) Archie said that he had taken a bad gash. Hopefully he will be okay for the next 2 games as we don't need any further injuries.

https://ptfc.co.uk/jagzone/

I love reading the optimists reaction. Its incredible how after a tough season where weve won 7 games, there is belief we can win the 2 remaining games. Its always been in our hands but if were goin to let stevie g pish on us next year were going to have to rely on county gettin horsed and us beating united in a playoff. If we do survive that, Archie still must go. Its been unbearable for too long. Brendan, Clarke and Gerrard, maybe we could appoint someone who can bring in someone to bring a bit of long overdue excitement back to Maryhill