douglas clark

douglas clark

Team for tonight?  It keeps changing. A perfect game for Osman if he was at his peak but don't know if we can risk that. Also maybe 3 at the back to counter direct approach but Barton sounded like he played well in a more forward midfield role.  Decisions. Decisions.

Cerny GK

Booth LWB

McGinn RWB he's played so well does not deserve to be dropped

Devine CH

Cargill CH

Barton Sweeper to combat direct approach

Woods CM

McCarthy CM

Erskine AM

Lawless AM

Doolan CF

25 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Team for tonight?  It keeps changing. A perfect game for Osman if he was at his peak but don't know if we can risk that. Also maybe 3 at the back to counter direct approach but Barton sounded like he played well in a more forward midfield role.  Decisions. Decisions.

Cerny GK

Booth LWB

McGinn RWB he's played so well does not deserve to be dropped

Devine CH

Cargill CH

Barton Sweeper to combat direct approach

Woods CM

McCarthy CM

Erskine AM

Lawless AM

Doolan CF

No great argument with your team (though if Keown fit, would prefer him to Devine), but I would like to add the bench:

Ryan Scully

Christie Elliott

Martin Keown/Danny Devine

Abdul Osman

Blair Spittal

Conor Sammon

Douglas Clark

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

No great argument with your team (though if Keown fit, would prefer him to Devine), but I would like to add the bench:

Ryan Scully

Christie Elliott

Martin Keown/Danny Devine

Abdul Osman

Blair Spittal

Conor Sammon

Douglas Clark

If Danny Devine can't get on the bench ahead of Martin Keown..... 

I take it that Christie Elliott has a fitness doubt.  If not I would play him ahead of McGinn, but agree that a back three with Barton in the middle and Doolan as the lone striker offers the best chance of breaking down the Livi/Clark defence.  Please Archie, no Osman, Storey, Spittal  or Sammon from the start.

I hope that Archie does not retreat into his conservative shell and try to play a defensive game away from home, hoping to win the tie at Firhill.  We are not good enough to do that.  We should be quick and positive from the word go

13 hours ago, douglas clark said:

twinny,

Thanks for the advice. As it stands the comments have been funny and amusing. So I'll live with this humbling experience!

Perhaps someone else can ask:

"What do we know about Livi? Should we be worried?" 

Good decision. We are all only here for the banter anyway.

From the line up I can't quite tell, is it 3-5-2 or is it 4-4-2? As in, do you think Barton is sweeper or defensive mid?

Hearing about Livi's good physical centre backs I had thought this might be the occasion for Sammon and Doolan together. Sammon to compete physically and perhaps make space for Doolan to get second balls. But on p+b at least they've also said Livi's midfield is tough to break down, so it's tempting to keep five men in midfield, but then we turn it into a midfield shitfest which they would probably enjoy. 

I'm overthinking this completely for someone who physically hasn't been to a game this season!