Sign in to follow this  
allyo

Stephen O'Donnell

Good luck to him. Will always wish the best to all of that promotion team, who gave me my most enjoyable season of watching the Jags. 

Even though he drives a tractor now. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I wonder if O'Donnell's a better all round player than he was with us. If so, and that's something I doubt, it'll only be marginal.  It's not as if he's gone down to England and had noticeable (to a Scotland manager anyway) success.  Complete opposite to Andy Robertson in that way. Anyway genuinely pleased for the lad. He's a good guy and always represented us in a good light.

Praising Steve Clark for everything good in the world has become a national pastime (the sun is shining today-thanks Steve), but as regards Stephen O'Donnell's recent form it would seem to be fully justified. Last season I hardly noticed him when he played for Killie against us, and he was certainly not pulling up any trees. In the last few months he has been sensational, both in scoring and creating goals. He has put in some excellent crosses and has mastered the art of the long low shot that gathers speed off the Rugby Park surface (would be a daisycutter if they had any daisies).

Will never forget his classic goal at Tannadice. 

The volley from the wing at Ross County (which effectively secured our safety that season) and the cheeky finish after materialising on the left wing in the 5-1 v Dunfermline were pretty special as well.

SOD was a fabulous player for us but perhaps suspect in defence.

This season against us I thought he had bulked up and added a ruthless streak, possibly introduced by Clarke.

Delighted for him as he was such an exciting player. He and ATS were great that season. 

How we miss him! But that’s football.

32 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Praising Steve Clark for everything good in the world has become a national pastime (the sun is shining today-thanks Steve), but as regards Stephen O'Donnell's recent form it would seem to be fully justified. Last season I hardly noticed him when he played for Killie against us, and he was certainly not pulling up any trees. In the last few months he has been sensational, both in scoring and creating goals. He has put in some excellent crosses and has mastered the art of the long low shot that gathers speed off the Rugby Park surface (would be a daisycutter if they had any daisies).

Will never forget his classic goal at Tannadice. 

The volley from the wing at Ross County (which effectively secured our safety that season) and the cheeky finish after materialising on the left wing in the 5-1 v Dunfermline were pretty special as well.

Last season?  Im pretty sure this has just been his first season at Killie?

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Last season?  Im pretty sure this has just been his first season at Killie?

You are absolutely right. To try to rescue my point, when we played the pre-Clark Killie at the beginning of this season, I did not notice Stephen as having any major impact on the game. 

People called Clark seem to be featuring in every thread!

• Like 1