Who will be the furthest travelled jags fan v Livvie

I'm travelling to the game from Aberdeen tomorrow ( working there just now not from there. 23 games travelling from aberdeen this season - not bad for an "armchair" fan) and i doubt that's the furthest anyone has travelled or will be travelling from tomorrow. I seem to remember someone on this forum travelling from uhist earlier in the season. Just interested if there's any nomads coming? I know it's a saddo thread but...........

2 hour ferry and 6 hour car journey from North Uist , hoping to end season on a high . Managed down at least once a month and only dissapointment was my "home" game at Dingwall. 

Hoping that we play the passing game that the team is very capable of playing and press them up the park and dont sit deep.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, German Jag said:

Flew in last night from Hannover.  Live ca. 50 miles south-east from there. Will be my 3rd home game of the season, the 2 previous ones were Thistle victories. 

7 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I'm travelling to the game from Aberdeen tomorrow ( working there just now not from there. 23 games travelling from aberdeen this season - not bad for an "armchair" fan) and i doubt that's the furthest anyone has travelled or will be travelling from tomorrow. I seem to remember someone on this forum travelling from uhist earlier in the season. Just interested if there's any nomads coming? I know it's a saddo thread but...........

10 minutes ago, Tyler Machamilton said:

2 hour ferry and 6 hour car journey from North Uist , hoping to end season on a high . Managed down at least once a month and only dissapointment was my "home" game at Dingwall. 

Hoping that we play the passing game that the team is very capable of playing and press them up the park and dont sit deep.

2 hours ago, Aberdeenjag said:

Train from Aberdeen to Glasgow for me in the morning.  It will be totally worth it for a Jags 3-0 win. Dools, Dools and Squiddy....you heard it here first. MontheJags.

Great effort by our fans.Hope the team put in as much effort and get a result.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tyler Machamilton said:

Respect, that‘s as long as it takes me with 2 flights!

Absolute respect to all who made it over wherever they came from.

I was in row P in the JHS on Sunday having made it over from Montenegro, despite what my head and my wallet were telling me. Sometimes your heart tells you what you must do.

Hence why on here you were all spared my usual shotgun rants about the state of our defence during both play-off games.

I'll agree with about 98% of what has been posted after the game, so no need to underline further.

But if what I was told in Tennents on Sunday night about Dumbuya's behaviour before the game on Sunday is even halfway true, then that wage thief (12 games in 2 years!!) would do well not to bump into me on Cleveden Road anytime soon.

Leaving stadium on Sunday for the long drive North I listened to a vocal group bemoani g the £40 ticket money for, playoffs as a waste of money.They said would have been better if we had gone down automatically.  Didnt bother to enlighten them to my 2 nights accommodation  12 hours driving and 4 hours ferry crossings , yes it was disappointing  but being a lifelong jags supporter was never easy. Positives for me are 2 games in highlands which cuts travelling times but had hoped not to be going to Dingwall this season coming. Will be at pre season friendlies and Betfred cup games as per usual and as many games in league as possible.Onward and upward.

Flew in from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.  Flew back via London on a BA flight full of celebrating Celtic fans - fun times.  In the early nineties I flew in from Newark, New Jersey on Saturday morning for a Forfar home game to clinch promotion.  Seem to remember we needed a draw, it was close to the ninetieth minute, 0-0, and they had a stonewall penalty claim ignored by the ref.  Crowd went completely silent for a couple of seconds. Quite surreal.  Over the years I've come back for a load of games and had more than my share of heartache and frustration.  Wouldn't swap it for anything though.  

• Like 2

My furthest for a specific game was in the Cup against Ayr at Somerset maybe 10-15 years ago. Flew in from Osaka and went straight to Ayr. Completely jetlagged and spaced out during the match. Don't remember much apart from the huge Thistle support being let down again by an abysmal display, and the half-time announcer introducing the fan who "undoubtedly" had come the longest way for today's game, all the way from..... Malaysia. :angry2:

Edited by Jaggernaut

4 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

My furthest for a specific game was in the Cup against Ayr at Somerset maybe 10-15 years ago. Flew in from Osaka and went straight to Ayr. Completely jetlagged and spaced out during the match. Don't remember much apart from the huge Thistle support being let down again by an abysmal display, and the half-time announcer introducing the fan who "undoubtedly" had come the longest way for today's game, all the way from..... Malaysia. :angry2:

Ran out of likes. I remember that day. Had to attend a wedding. Absolute torture. Internet not really functioning then and no Jagzone. Had to make do with jumping into the car every 5 minutes and trying to get a radio update.