Club Statement Archie

Paukea

5 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

No matter your views the decision is made..

Time to get behind the club and Archie!

Totally agree. We've only got 8 weeks and, in my view, stability and a manager who knows how the club works and has the club's best interests at heart, is the only way forward. No-one is pretending this season has been in any way a good one but I'm certainly feeling confident with the tone of the statement.  It'll be interesting to see not only how the new team shapes up, but how some of the 'big name' players who're going to be leaving get on with their new clubs. 

I think a change was the best option but this is exactly what I thought would happen.

I can understand the reasons for doing it and I really hope it works but we are going to have to hit the ground running in the new season or it is going to be a rough ride for him.

the fact that Beattie states we will effectively be rebuilding the team from scratch is the most worrying part for me, given Archie's record in the transfer market. Hopefully some of our youngsters will get a chance to prove they are ready.

1 minute ago, Jag said:

I think a change was the best option but this is exactly what I thought would happen.

I can understand the reasons for doing it and I really hope it works but we are going to have to hit the ground running in the new season or it is going to be a rough ride for him.

the fact that Beattie states we will effectively be rebuilding the team from scratch is the most worrying part for me, given Archie's record in the transfer market. Hopefully some of our youngsters will get a chance to prove they are ready.

Agree regarding the youngsters-time to give some of them a decent run in the team. Some decent new players with experience of the championship, hunger and a will to win, would be good too.

Regardless of anyone's views re a managerial change I doubt they would be disappointed by the promptness of this decision. Also the clarity of the statement is most welcome. Having had PR experience in a previous life I've been rather critical of our press releases and online club statements. Do I detect a new hand at the tiller here? True there's still a bit of reading between the lines but totally to be expected under the circumstances.

The first "proof of the pudding" exercise will be in selling season tickets. A difficult challenge as not only will it be carried out under the doom of relegation they'll be no star players lengthening their contracts and unlikely to be any immediate signing news that'll boost sales. When STs go on offer we might have only a handful of players on the books. Perhaps too much to ask but a wee bit more imagination with regards to the ST package would be welcome

• Like 1

With regards to season tickets..

We need to be decisive in the off season no *****ing around like in seasons past.. We need to get our business done early.. If we are using players from the youth setup this should be shouted from the rooftops as a reason to celebrate and excitement to see on the park.

This will be my first season back in Glasgow after many years away.. At the moment i was just going to pay per game especially after watching the playoffs but im open to having my mind changed!

The board have done the right thing in making a fast decision as there is no time to lose in rebuilding the team. I wish Archie & Shaggy all the best in the coming season and hope I am proved to be wrong in my opinions.

Nevertheless, I really do think it's a big ask, getting promoted at the first attempt. A season for consolidation to rebuild and steady the ship, followed by a tilt at the title the following year, seems a more realistic goal. Mid table would be acceptable next season.

• Like 1

Correct decision, he deserves the chance to get us back to playing attractive & effective football and to get us back up next yr...

Massive rebuild job, I wonder if there's a new role created / additional responsibility for someone else to help with player recruitment...

I was in the Archie should stay camp but I have no desire to gloat for want of a better term because I know that the vast majority of fellow fans who were in the other camp had genuine and strongly held views. The most important thing now is that we ALL come together, get behind our club and if we do so I am sure we can achieve success.

As stated above, Archie will pretty much have to hit the ground running.   I respect but remain unconvinced by the arguments made by the "Archie stay"  camp and the Board, nevertheless I wish Alan all the best and hope he turns it around.   This is time for all the supporters to put arguments aside.      What do people make on this aspect of the statement...

"We have also agreed that we must return to playing football like Partick Thistle – we can’t be anyone else" 

I'm not at all sure what Beattie has in mind here.  

" While we take hard lessons from this season on a number of fronts, our focus is now on getting back to the Premiership by this time next year. Learning from other clubs before us, it is clear that slashing budgets is a false economy. For the Club to succeed in the Championship and remain prepared for that return to top flight football, we need to have a competitive budget that will fully match our aspirations "

That part reads bit like we're betting the house on a return within one year. I would have like to have heard that we have the budget to sustain a promotion challenging team until we actually gain promotion.

4 hours ago, Jag said:

I agree in part Jag, tho in respect of the re building comment doesn't worry mr at all. I'm delighted the board recignise this and it seems they are ready to use some cash they had wusely squirrelled away. It could be argued that this cash should've been used in the Christmas transfer window but like many on here, including me, maybes the board recognised the damag was done and the money'd be better used if we went down.

As already stated in this thread, decision made, all together, we're all in it together.

3 hours ago, dougie247 said:

With regards to season tickets..

We need to be decisive in the off season no *****ing around like in seasons past.. We need to get our business done early.. If we are using players from the youth setup this should be shouted from the rooftops as a reason to celebrate and excitement to see on the park.

This will be my first season back in Glasgow after many years away.. At the moment i was just going to pay per game especially after watching the playoffs but im open to having my mind changed!

Welcome back. Your hard earned cash will no doubt come in handy

I too was sliding into the, time for Archie to move on camp, but decision made and i fully understand the reasoning behind it. I've never been a firm Archie must go but completely get the arguement for change. That said decision made and fingers crossed everyone gets behind the manager and new team.

Just an observation re Archie losing the players. Senior management in any company/organisation nearly always side with the manager against the "staff". The board are never going to get shot of the manager just cos the players want rid. But not all players could have fallen out with him so i wonder who will stay. 

I am hoping the, by the end of the week comment might be about a player or players. As dougie says they need to get their business done sharpish, we need to avoid hashing a team last minute,  like the last few seasons, especially in the championship.

The statement puts a positive spin on the situation we find ourselves in.

At the end of the playoff game on Sunday, with the new season just eight weeks away, we had a rookie interim Managing Director; eleven players out of contract; two loanees returning to their parent clubs and a decision to be made about the future management of team affairs. Little surprise, then, that the Board have chosen stability in the one area that they had control over.

I'm sure that they have made it clear to AA what is expected of him this season and the extent to which they will back him. I hope they gave him better guidance than "we must return to playing football like Partick Thistle", whatever that means.

So now we go to the transfer market with a big shopping list. It's not an area that we have been very successful in over the last few years. Whether by bad luck, bad choices or lack of funds, we'll never know. But the task is enormous. 

In January, we chose to rely on players returning from injury to reverse our fortunes. Given that the club knew who was going to be out of contract in the Summer, I find it baffling that they didn't make some signings with the aim of providing some continuity through the end of the season.

I was firmly in the pro-Archie camp long into the Spring. During the last few weeks of the season, as the wrecking ball rolled inexorably down hill, my opinion changed. Football supporters emotionally invest heavily in their club. Watching my team fail, so spectacularly, I became hurt, angry and ultimately embarrassed. Yes, I wanted change.

Now the dust has settled, I can see more clearly the position the club is in (as outlined in paragraph two) and I fully understand why they have chosen to continue with Archie.

The Board have put a lot of eggs into the 'immediate return to the Premiership' basket. We have to trust them not to overreach in this aspiration. The task won't be easy.

So, we need to get behind the manager and the team. The crowd on Sunday proved that there are many latent Jags fans out there. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways which will get them through the turnstile. There are many positives about a season in the Championship. Let's embrace them all.

• Like 5

Great post bowdenboys. Sums up mine and most of my mates thoughts far better than i could manage. I was so down after the game but after a sleep disturbed night i realsied no one is dead. We don't have to listen to o/f bile next season and we can look forward to crossing swords with falkirk again. Would be nice to win the league there again