The big announcement on Friday

Paolo

If the rumours  are true about Jim Duffy and Kenny Miller joining the club,. It would tie in because , Jim was manager at Hibs and would've brought Kenny through the youth ranks,. Jim and Kenny would have a close friendship.

I have been crying out for a year that Archie needs an attacking coach. This could be the answer if true. We all know Miller isn't a long term solution on the playing front...he has 6 months at best. However, perhaps he will do a Kevin Philips at Blackpool, and score a barrel load on a zimmer. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the absence of any mention of Shaggy in the club statement is relevant. It’s been suggested before that Archie could benefit from having an older head alongside him in the dugout, so this talk of Duffy being at Firhill raises the question of a change to Archie’s coaching team. 

• Like 1

Every season the club releases a statement with players that are out of contract and leaving and players that are out of contract and have been offered new deals.

The only difference is this year there will be players still under contract who may still choose to leave, because of relegation clause.

I expect that this will be put out today.

I wonder if the "relegation clause" in the players' contracts gives the club the right to terminate early, as opposed to the player, or maybe it's both. I remember hearing that the clause was there to "protect the club" suggesting that it's the club's option to terminate.

Edited by Hugh Janus