Playing Squad Update

BowenBoys

5 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

The Osman stuff is all hearsay and rumour and should be treated as such although the change in his form was dramatic.

Archie's recruitment has been very poor - fact!  He needs to change that very very quickly.

But we got into the top six last year? How many points did our injuries cost us this season? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sinistar said:

Just to add a meaningless fact to the conspiracy theory, have a look at the Playing Squad Update list on the main site -

When one looks at this section -  PLAYERS NOT OFFERED A CONTRACT FOR SEASON 2018/19  -

Osman's names is at the very top of the list yet every name that follows is in perfect alphabetical order; Booth, Devine, Dumbaya etc.

I'm a bit sad that he's offski; he was a man machine when he first came to the club / subsequent seasons and was always great with the fans.

Poor in the last season though, granted. Maybe he was frustrated through injury, who knows. Will definitely look back and remember him fondly in the future though.

I have a different recollection of Osman’s time with us. He was a bit ordinary to start with. It wasn’t until he was made captain that he stepped up to the plate.

Maybe, the club are giving his place by putting his name 1st ?

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

None

Not even given the fact Archie had to use some of his budget to bring replacements in?

2 hours ago, flashman said:

Probably not as many as bottling it in the last 10 mins of games.

2 hours ago, flashman said:

Probably not as many as bottling it in the last 10 mins of games.

Could be true! Seems to be a constant under Archie. Not sure what he has done to correct it but it's hurt us badly. 

5 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

But we got into the top six last year? How many points did our injuries cost us this season? 

Archie re-signed players who were never fit. Fraser, Muzzy and Banzo. When you talk about injuries, these casualties were an ever present in the long term category. We could have even brought in 1 class player who could have made a difference for the three wasted wages.

The best of it was, when Fraser did return from injury, after giving him a six month extension, farmed him out to Morton.

So when it comes to the injury excuse, that lies with Archie

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Archie's recruitment has been very poor - fact!  He needs to change that very very quickly.

Not jumping to Archie's defence but many of the recruits we're led to believe were third or fourth choices. Last season more noticeable with regards to having league security tied up earlier. Yet I think only Spittal could be regarded as a first choice recruit.  Blame is likely the wrong word to use but the Board, most notably Ian Maxwell, were in on the recruitment and failed by and large to get Archie's preferred selection.

Not getting your targeted player of course happens at every club and a successful manager often has to make do with who he can get. I just feel when folk go about criticising some player or other they often forget the guy wasn't necessarily the manager's first choice or anything like it. The manager should be judged more on his tactics, formations etc and a little less on his player recruitment. The latter often being more of a Club responsibility.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Archie re-signed players who were never fit. Fraser, Muzzy and Banzo. When you talk about injuries, these casualties were an ever present in the long term category. We could have even brought in 1 class player who could have made a difference for the three wasted wages.

The best of it was, when Fraser did return from injury, after giving him a six month extension, farmed him out to Morton.

So when it comes to the injury excuse, that lies with Archie

3 long term injuries. So no other injuries are allowed to be considered when discussing the impact of injuries on results?

You guys crack me up  

26 minutes ago, potty trained said:

3 long term injuries. So no other injuries are allowed to be considered when discussing the impact of injuries on results?

You guys crack me up  

Or it could just be that Archie was clueless who to sign, signed a lot of dross, had no game management or tactical awareness, repeatedly refused to learn lessons, and as a result sleep-walked us into the Championship. 

37 minutes ago, potty trained said:

You guys crack me up  

We were consistently crap the entire season no matter who we had .....it can only ever be opinion, belief, hope as we can never know .... 

if that’s not the case can I have the winning lottery numbers for this week

1 hour ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Or it could just be that Archie was clueless who to sign, signed a lot of dross, had no game management or tactical awareness, repeatedly refused to learn lessons, and as a result sleep-walked us into the Championship. 

Yes. Definently that sweeping generalisation. 

Edited by potty trained

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We were consistently crap the entire season no matter who we had .....it can only ever be opinion, belief, hope as we can never know .... 

if that’s not the case can I have the winning lottery numbers for this week

OK if you insist.  They are:  18 76 2 8

I can see that some of the discussions on here are just going to go round in circles.

Some are adamant that relegation is down to Archie only.

Others see that there are other factors that contributed to the bad season we had.

There won’t be any agreement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I can see that some of the discussions on here are just going to go round in circles.

Some are adamant that relegation is down to Archie only.

Others see that there are other factors that contributed to the bad season we had.

There won’t be any agreement.

Yes, another slow news day. Guess there won't be much action until window opens.

There's always the World Cup to look forward to.

8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

When does the window open? I see other clubs are making signings- that’s Ross County signed Mullin from Livi and Dundee United have made a few signings 

Archie's window usually opens last week in July or first week in August , after all the holidays are finished.

• Haha 1