Playing Squad Update

BowenBoys

OMG Storey!

If only we hadn’t signed him. I was worried right away because my Dons supporting pal laughed hysterically.

We would’ve saved the transfer fee, 2 years’ salary and could have given McLaughlin the chances that he had instead of loaning him out. May not have worked out but at least he’d have had a chance.

Can someone please take Storey away?

Got to agree with weebaw1 Storey just hasnt done it ...not just mclaughlin albeit he has scored a barrowload of goals for the development squad in the last two seasons but even a few other boys on the fringe could have got there chance to show what they could do but we will never know

29 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I agree. I thought Booth was an excellent player for us.  Im amazed some fans have belittled him tbh. Fickle

Booth was indeed excellent for us. Sorry to see him go and wish him all the best.

Lawless likewise. A player's player whose workrate and devotion to the team. was outstanding. Particularly in October - December last year when he was faced to play LWB. and did it superbly during our most consistent period of the season in terms of positive results.

For that he was my player of the year.

Won't miss his tweets though..............

Edited by Barney Rubble

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

booth was ok but not amazing or unreplaceable, let's remember that is his second relegation from the premiership so he cannie be that good

Penrice apart (assuming he plays LB), we'll struggle to replace Booth IMO.

A properly fit Booth is a better than decent left back at top division level.

• Like 1

Booth was fine for us. Not great but fine. Clearly his injuries have hampered his progress and since his last return to our team I'm only aware of one game where he played anywhere near the level he once did. Playing for United at his best for a sustained period could come back to bite us. Far from convinced that'll happen.