World Cup Pop Up

BowenBoys

Off we go then, barely a pause for breath until 15 July.

5b378d5c8e9e8_ScreenShot2018-06-30at14_57_59.png.b1381a505cde9c7b4ad2a79d0ac41d8b.png

Unfortunately, no selections from chunky jag. If I receive them, belatedly, I will slip them in (excluding, obviously, any games that have started).

Also, ten players have missed out on the chance of another bonus point. Could be costly.

On 27/06/2018 at 10:21 PM, BowenBoys said:

Bonus Point No4

Sixteen games in the knockout phase. How many results will be decided WITHOUT extra time?

One point to the nearest player(s).

Deadline 3pm Saturday

Hey BB, didn’t get this one via PM. Haven’t been checking the thread so missed it. Sorry!

If there are any other bonus Qs to come can you please message me them?

• Like 1

Tough call but going for Belgium and Engerland.

Really hoping for a Sweden win tho as the commentators are really,  really annoying.   Every foul by England ignored and every other one should be a red card!!!  Almost unwatchable due to that. 

Bonus Point question no. 5

On 7 June, just one week before the tournament bagan, FIFA World Rankings were released.

The table below shows the rankings of the quarter finalists.

5b3bee40d0387_ScreenShot2018-07-03at22_43_33.png.27c535f0223bc8533d4307563768bedd.png

I want to know the combined ranking points of the two teams you think will contest the final.

One of the finalists will come from the top group of four, the other from the bottom group. Therefore I need a number between 14 (Brazil v England) and 84 (Uruguay v Russia).

It might be prudent to work out all the possible permutations. You may find that potential pairings are quite close together and you could increase your chances with a number in range.

It's only worth 1 point but it's very tight at the moment so it could be vital.

Deadline 3pm, Friday 6 July