World Cup Pop Up

BowenBoys

4 hours ago, sb1876 said:

Tough call but going for Belgium and Engerland.

Really hoping for a Sweden win tho as the commentators are really,  really annoying.   Every foul by England ignored and every other one should be a red card!!!  Almost unwatchable due to that. 

On BBC 'Sweden  are like a Championship side and have no stars'. They scraped thru and are unbearable,if they win it, 66 and 2018 we will never hear the end of it.

8 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Quarter Finals

5b3be4091eac2_ScreenShot2018-07-03at21_59_31.png.c7099c97a894c3dec76c0a53eaf7bcd1.png

Only 8 games to go but the points increase in each round. 3 points for each team through to the semi finals.

Selections please. Deadline 3pm, Friday 6 July

Unfortunately BowenBoys is indisposed this morning, so he has asked me to announce two special 20 point bonuses:

(1) for anyone who achieved a perfect pre-selection of one surviving team for each quarter final game and therefore did not require to bother BB by  sending in any choices.

(2) for anyone who correctly predicts a Sweden victory in the quarter finals as BB's indisposition is due to a seasonal condition known as ECH or English Commentators Headache.

PTD pp BB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, BowenBoys said:

Prize Pot

With a prize pot for the participating nations of US$400,000,000, I'm very grateful to the Federação Portuguesa de Futebol for their contribution of an old photograph for our prize pot. Don't think there will be any more contributions now. Good to see so many of the world's richest football nations helping us out.

There is, however, some good news.

As mentioned hereAuld Jag is planning to sponsor players this season with the balance of the money raised by you (and digger's bucket collection) for Rab the Jag's memorial. AJ has offered one of these new season's tops to add to the prize for the winner. Don't know which player it will be yet. Perhaps he will be a citizen of the World Cup winning nation...

Now there is a prize worth winning (and a photograph)

Enter competition before 4pm, Thursday 14 June to be in with a chance of winning.

Thanks AJ

The winner will be asked to choose between Blair Spittal or Jack Storer away top for the 2018/19 season. Good luck everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

3 players still to pick their teams for the quarter finals.

4 players have yet to offer a guess for bonus point question 5.

24 hours chaps.

Deadline 3pm tomorrow

Phil was away am I too late?:  1. France. 2. Belgium 3. Sweden (heart very much ruling head?). 4.. Croatia..

Apologies anyway.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, partickthedog said:

Unfortunately BowenBoys is indisposed this morning, so he has asked me to announce two special 20 point bonuses:

(1) for anyone who achieved a perfect pre-selection of one surviving team for each quarter final game and therefore did not require to bother BB by  sending in any choices.

(2) for anyone who correctly predicts a Sweden victory in the quarter finals as BB's indisposition is due to a seasonal condition known as ECH or English Commentators Headache.

PTD pp BB

I had hoped after 1966 that they would never win the world cup again.Lets hope that Sweden can do the business and that will be the end of ECH for a year or two anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stillresigned said:

Phil was away am I too late?:  1. France. 2. Belgium 3. Sweden (heart very much ruling head?). 4.. Croatia..

Apologies anyway.

No problem with your timing and I admire your optimist with your selections. Unfortunately, only one of your teams from the last round made it through.  On the plus side, it's Belgium.

I just need an answer to the last bonus point question then you can sit back, enjoy the football and pray for Belgium.

2 hours ago, sb1876 said:

Even though I guessed Belgium,  I am quite surprised that Brazil are out.   Who's going to stop England if they get past Sweden and prob Croatia (or Russia) ?  Honest opinion is they could beat both France and Belgium.

Really hope you are wrong.I don't think Engerland are anything special.After the first game against Tunisia the English FA complained to FIFA about not getting any penalties and since then they have got 3 pens in the last 2 games they have scored in.Any time they get a set piece that is going into the box they make sure that the ref notices the defenders challenging the England players in the box,then they go down like pins in a bowling alley.They have not scored in open play since they played Panama.Come on Sweden.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, partickthedog said:

PTD pp BB

My ECH even worse tonight.Come on Russia/Croatia we need you to get rid of the cause.