World Cup Pop Up

BowenBoys

Standings after the Quarter Finals

5b41284cb2ee3_ScreenShot2018-07-07at21_51_48.png.13916afd3873b74c4622963722089fa7.png

Top 4 with maximum points and four teams through to the Semi Finals. jags on tour has just one incorrect prediction in the knockout games.

Only 13 points to play for now. Will be difficult for anyone outside the top 6, I think.

Standings after the semi finals

5b466c2cd87ba_ScreenShot2018-07-11at21_43_20.png.e8864be3d77bdb83e453834ab5e5ce67.png

A new leader, thistle4celtic1. It's all about the 5 points in the final now. Plus, of course any bonus points.

One of the Bonus Point questions has been answered tonight. I have NOT included the bonus points from that in the Total as this might cause confusion due to the change of command later tonight. I have, instead, indicated that bonus point as a +1.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow. Can't believe I'm going to miss the end of this and I may not know the winner for twelve days. I suppose a stroll along the Great Wall will banish my sorrow.

Important information   Please read carefully

elevenone has kindly agreed to take this on to its exciting conclusion.

Your predictions for the final two matches must be sent by PM to elevenone. Messages sent to me will not be read as I will be travelling tomorrow morning.

Tie-breaker

As there is a prize for this competition, we can't have a tie. If two or more players are tied on points at the end, we will award the advantage to the player who accumulated the points soonest.

If one of the tied players had more points than the other(s) before the bonus points were added, they will be the winner.

If still tied, we will look back at tables after Third Place, Semi Finals etc. until we get a winner.

Will post & PM your teams shortly.

Confucius says...

If you have enjoyed playing half as much as I have enjoyed organising it then I have enjoyed it twice as much as you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm off on my hols tomorrow. Can't believe I'm going to miss the end of this and I may not know the winner for twelve days. I suppose a stroll along the Great Wall will banish my sorrow.

Important information   Please read carefully

elevenone has kindly agreed to take this on to its exciting conclusion.

Your predictions for the final two matches must be sent by PM to elevenone. Messages sent to me will not be read as I will be travelling tomorrow morning.

Tie-breaker

As there is a prize for this competition, we can't have a tie. If two or more players are tied on points at the end, we will award the advantage to the player who accumulated the points soonest.

If one of the tied players had more points than the other(s) before the bonus points were added, they will be the winner.

If still tied, we will look back at tables after Third Place, Semi Finals etc. until we get a winner.

Will post & PM your teams shortly.

Confucius says...

If you have enjoyed playing half as much as I have enjoyed organising it then I have enjoyed it twice as much as you.

Enjoy your well earned break in China BB.Really enjoyed your competition added interest in games that I would not have bothered about.Wonder how many new signings Thistle will have when you return.

Third Place match

5b4671a5186a1_ScreenShot2018-07-11at22_06_08.png.b49c1f112ecd1ea684777bc9ca4c42d9.png

A correct prediction in this match is worth 1 point.

Only Jaggernaut has a choice. Please PM elevenone with your prediction.

Deadline 3pm, Saturday 14 July.

Final

5b4672bf4353a_ScreenShot2018-07-11at22_06_39.png.39c504a1e9eeaa6bd75a955c3f217730.png

A correct prediction in this match is worth 5 points.

Four players have to choose between these two good teams. Could be a terrific final.

As above, Deadline 3pm, Saturday 14 July.

3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Enjoy your well earned break in China BB.Really enjoyed your competition added interest in games that I would not have bothered about.Wonder how many new signings Thistle will have when you return.

Thanks AJ. To say I'm looking forward to it would be a huge understatement :)

Have a great trip BB and thanks for running this.  As stated I will oversee the last 2 matches.  Please note (as from my previous comps) that my presentation is not as slick as BB’s and also between going to game on Sat and working Sunday the updated and final tables might not be posted right away.  PM predictions or on this thread thanks and other than that please no tie break :) for me to work out.

• Like 1

Hi all.  To fill in the blanks here are everyones final selections where choices still have to be made.  The rest of the auto selections are shown above in BowenBoys chart.

3rd place match:-

Jaggernaut - Belgium

Final:-

Rid Skwerr - France

thistle4celtic1 - France

jagfox - France

ThickAsThieves - France

Will do my best to get updated tables posted asap.  Good luck everyone.