World Cup Pop Up

BowenBoys

Possible outcomes today:-

If France win the World Cup then thistle4celtic1 will be our champion as they will finish on 52 points plus bonus point accrued giving final total of 53.  The closest rival assuming a France win would be jags on tour who would finish on 50 points plus bonus earned giving 51 final total (although they could earn extra bonus point with France ending WC top scorers which would involve France hitting 6 today but even if that happens it would not be enough to catch thistle4celtic1.

However it gets interesting should Croatia win WC. Peaty FC would finish on 48 points thus pipping thistle4celtic1 by a point.  Peaty FC has no bonus points and cannot earn one today.  jaggy who picked Croatia would finish on 47points but has earned a bonus point to date giving them 48points also to tie with Peaty FC however jaggy has a chance of an additional bonus point to earn today and basically for that to happen would involve Croatia to win in extra time as jaggy has put 10 of the last 16 games to finish in 90mins which to date is correct, this of course jump to 11 should game be settled in normal time thus denying jaggy that possible vital winning point.

So in a nutshell:-

France win (normal time,et or pens) then thistle4celtic1 is our winner.

Croatia win (in normal time) Peaty FC and jaggy will tie.

Croatia win (in extra time or pens) then jaggy would earn vital extra point thus pipping Peaty FC.

My head hurts now :) so will work out later going by BowenBoys rules how we would decide should it end a tie between Peaty FC and jaggy.

Will post final standings as soon as free time at work allows.  Good luck all.

ps elevenone earns 1,000 bonus points should commentator mention England during match. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Any Bowen Boys tie splitting process has to involve Brechin City.

He told me before leaving that he would be un-contactable whilst away however any mention of Brechin City in thread I was to ignore all protocol and contact the Chinese Embassy as a matter of urgency. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another great venture - thanks BB, 11-1, Auld Jag and everyone else for entering into the spirit.

Generally I often let a WC pass me by as rarely can watch a game live if my heart isn't bothered about the outcome - ie Thistle only, but enjoyed a lot of the football on show this year largely as a result of the added interest from the start.

7 hours ago, thistle4celtic1 said:

Thanks all for the accolades. Great and fun contest as always.

Special thanks to BB and elevenone.

Well done thistle4celtic1.When you decide what top you want either pm me or post on this thread.Reminder the choice is either Blair Spittal or Jack Storer away top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Jack Storer away top arrived in Canada last week. Thistle4celtic1 asked for the top to be sent to his son. Thistle4celtic1 said his son was over the moon when he received the top and he is looking to get it framed. I would like to thank Ross Quaile who dealt with this at Firhill.

• Like 1