World Cup Pop Up

BowenBoys

The WAT World Cup Pop Up

The second biggest football drama of the summer. While the great Archie #2 PTFC Squad Rebuild is our main focus, I present this as a wee diversion.

Who will be the greatest WAT predictor on the world stage?

For those veterans of the Scottish Cup pop ups, the format will be fairly familiar.

In the Group Stage you will predict the order that the teams finish in each group. Then, in the Knockout Stage, predict the winner of each match.

The person with the most points will walk away with the big prize. Now, I say big but at the moment, it's not very big. I have contacted the federations of each competing country asking for a small gift to add to the prize pot. So far, only Portugal have come good. The prize, then, is a signed Portugal squad photo from Euro 2016 and a couple of old tickets. Of course, the prize is not really important, it's more about the bragging rights...

Edited by BowenBoys

Group Stage

Predict the order the teams will finish in each group. One point for each correct placing.

At the end of the Group Stage, only those teams that you have predicted will finish in the top two places will be available for selection in the Knockout Stage. Basically, you predict England will finish second and Panama third. If Panama beat England to second place, you cannot select Panama in Knockout Stage. Hope that's clear.

Now, this is the hardest part of the competition for you. I need a list of 32 numbers representing the finishing position of each team in each group.

Post your list here or PM, if you wish.

Deadline for submissions 4pm, Thursday 14 June

5b09193bdba58_ScreenShot2018-05-26at09_16_30.png.462f88e746bee787843b52060fe9c2ec.png

15 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I see from your list that Brechin City failed to qualify again.  That will come as a bit of blow to Partickthedog.

Just wait 4 years.

Brechxit will see the Angus Quadrangle secede from the rest of Scotland and apply for FIFA membership. Boasting a squad overflowing with the combined talents of Brechin City, Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose, and  talismanic striker Rory McAllister recalled from exile in Peterhead, and managed by wily old fox Dick Campbell, the People's Republic of Angus will be the new Iceland and take the 2022 World Cup by storm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BB, decided to follow the Archie method of repeating failed tactics, but expecting a different result.

So after surviving relegation from the Scottish Cup pop up in the play offs, I have chosen to go with the teams I want to win rather than those I expect will win. Got to give Eljaggo a chance!

A 3 4 1 2

B 2 1 3 4

C 4 3 2 1

D 2 3 4 1

E 1 3 2 4

F 3 2 4 1

G 1 3 2 4

H 2 1 3 4