World Cup Pop Up

BowenBoys

22 players. Sit back, relax and enjoy the football. Nothing else to do until 28th.

eljaggo
elevenone
partickthedog
The Prince of Kadriorg
Auld Jag
jags on tour
Rid Skwerr
thistle4celtic1
stillresigned
jaggy
jagfox
chunky jag
P-T-118
Peaty FC
ThickAsThieves
secret peter
ekjag23
thistledave78
Jaggernaut
lady-isobel-barnett
scotty
sb1876

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

22 players. Sit back, relax and enjoy the football. Nothing else to do until 28th.

eljaggo
elevenone
partickthedog
The Prince of Kadriorg
Auld Jag
jags on tour
Rid Skwerr
thistle4celtic1
stillresigned
jaggy
jagfox
chunky jag
P-T-118
Peaty FC
ThickAsThieves
secret peter
ekjag23
thistledave78
Jaggernaut
lady-isobel-barnett
scotty
sb1876

BB

I think that you should put us into qualifying sections .

However, I would prefer it if you mix it up as being thrown in with Eljaggo, Elevenone and the Prince of Kadriorg looks like the group of death.

7 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

eljaggo
elevenone
partickthedog
The Prince of Kadriorg
Auld Jag
jags on tour
Rid Skwerr
thistle4celtic1
stillresigned
jaggy
jagfox
chunky jag
P-T-118
Peaty FC
ThickAsThieves
secret peter
ekjag23
thistledave78
Jaggernaut
lady-isobel-barnett
scotty
sb1876

Good luck everybody.

I have sent PMs showing your chosen group finishing positions. I'm sure that everyone has the correct table but please check the name at the top. It has required a great deal of deliberate concentration to get them sent out. I was in Rome last night to see the wonderful Paolo Conte and spent the night at Rome airport waiting for an early flight home. What a dump! I've been in better airports in SE Asia.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that the instructions I gave on how to present your numbers were not very clear.

Here I'm using Group G as an example:

5b2625b32403b_ScreenShot2018-06-17at10_08_16.png.908fce9a4f89ffcd47482b13e899deff.png

I have assumed that the numbers 2, 4, 3, 1 represent the finishing position of each team (i.e. Belgium 1, Panama 2, Tunisia 3 & England 4)

Many (if not all) of you have, more logically, written the numbers to represent the finishing position in order (i.e. Team 2 - England 1st, Team 4 - Belgium 2nd, Team 3 - Tunisia 3rd & Team 1 - Panama 4th)

The reason why only some Groups are affected is that many combinations of the 4 numbers give the same outcome using either of the methods outlined above.

All of your numbers were copied and pasted from your posts directly into my spreadsheet so there is zero chance that your entries have been altered in the process.

I have revised the data and I will send out amended tables today.

Apologies for the confusion.

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm afraid that the instructions I gave on how to present your numbers were not very clear.

Here I'm using Group G as an example:

5b2625b32403b_ScreenShot2018-06-17at10_08_16.png.908fce9a4f89ffcd47482b13e899deff.png

I have assumed that the numbers 2, 4, 3, 1 represent the finishing position of each team (i.e. Belgium 1, Panama 2, Tunisia 3 & England 4)

Many (if not all) of you have, more logically, written the numbers to represent the finishing position in order (i.e. Team 2 - England 1st, Team 4 - Belgium 2nd, Team 3 - Tunisia 3rd & Team 1 - Panama 4th)

The reason why only some Groups are affected is that many combinations of the 4 numbers give the same outcome using either of the methods outlined above.

All of your numbers were copied and pasted from your posts directly into my spreadsheet so there is zero chance that your entries have been altered in the process.

I have revised the data and I will send out amended tables today.

Apologies for the confusion.

Correct predictions received.Thanks BB.

Bonus Points

Two Bonus point questions. Each is worth 1 point.

1. Which player will score the most goals in the tournament?

2. Which country will score the most goals in the tournament?

Post answers here or add to PM conversation.

Deadline for entries 7pm Tuesday (by which time all countries will have played one match)