Team rebuilding

Paukea

7 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Freddy Frans to Dundee United it looks like. Would be disappointed if we were outbid for him, as he clearly wanted to come back to Firhill. Would be so like us for him to slip through our fingers, either through dithering, or being tight-fisted like last time. If it's true, the entire club has pulled off a remarkable achievement in making the west end of Glasgow less appealing than the arse end of Dundee. Astonishes me that we can't seem to sell players on a move here. Aw well.

Bit of a leap with absolutely no information.  Cheer up.  

11 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Freddy Frans to Dundee United it looks like. Would be disappointed if we were outbid for him, as he clearly wanted to come back to Firhill. Would be so like us for him to slip through our fingers, either through dithering, or being tight-fisted like last time. If it's true, the entire club has pulled off a remarkable achievement in making the west end of Glasgow less appealing than the arse end of Dundee. Astonishes me that we can't seem to sell players on a move here. Aw well.

Were we outbid? Did we have a credible interest in him? Is a Twitter conversation with a fan real proof that he ‘clearly wanted to come back to Firhill’? Is he going to be living in the arse end of Dundee, or somewhere nicer along the east coast?

Edited by ClydebankJag
  • Like 1

Going back to what Archie said about the cost of bringing up players from down south due to the added cost of living expenses I'm not surprised we're not getting Frans. Yinited and County might have some kind of accommodation they can offer new signings?

A solid player but would have cost a big chunk of our wage bill. 

10 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

You mean players like O’Ware and Bell ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

O'Ware, perhaps. Bell on the other hand has been lambasted by absolutely every Rangers fan I know without exception. Not sure about him at all.

Stop talking to Rangers fans about football. They're delusional in their opinions I find. HTH.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

O'Ware, perhaps. Bell on the other hand has been lambasted by absolutely every Rangers fan I know without exception. Not sure about him at all.

He got praise from 2 out of 2 at my work today. “Good then we signed Foderingham for some reason” was the common theme.

1 hour ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

I'm trying to join the dots on the logic here. So we struggle to sell the west end of Glasgow to prospective players, despite it obviously being a superior place to everywhere else in Scotland, Tam O'Ware is an exception to this, but Cammy Bell is not because the Rangers fans in your work don't think he's very good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allyo said:

I'm trying to join the dots on the logic here. So we struggle to sell the west end of Glasgow to prospective players, despite it obviously being a superior place to everywhere else in Scotland, Tam O'Ware is an exception to this, but Cammy Bell is not because the Rangers fans in your work don't think he's very good. 

Good luck with that, there's more than a few posters on here that I struggle to understand their logic, or indeed their allegiance to the Jags.  It takes all sorts though and if your class is so half empty there's nothing left well maybe it's understandable they bring a cloud everywhere they visit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Metz said:

Good luck with that, there's more than a few posters on here that I struggle to understand their logic, or indeed their allegiance to the Jags.  It takes all sorts though and if your class is so half empty there's nothing left well maybe it's understandable they bring a cloud everywhere they visit.

Just as there were more than a few whose blind and completely misplaced optimism last season had them crying "knicker-wetters" right up until Livingstone's 3rd goal went in. Perhaps the undue miserable pessimist, and holier than thou disciples of Lord Alan of Archibald are but two extremes on the Thistle spectrum. Maybe we can all find a happy medium somewhere? 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Just as there were more than a few whose blind and completely misplaced optimism last season had them crying "knicker-wetters" right up until Livingstone's 3rd goal went in. Perhaps the undue miserable pessimist, and holier than thou disciples of Lord Alan of Archibald are but two extremes on the Thistle spectrum. Maybe we can all find a happy medium somewhere? 

There may even be some "supporters," hopefully they are very few, who feel somehow self-satisfied that we got relegated.

42 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Surprised no chat about Ryan Hardie.
Livi are in for him and he may have better offers but I would think we would be interested. 

Hardie would be a great signing for the championship I completely agree mate

Edited by Third Lanark

9 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

I think the difficulty is that your happy medium may be different from mine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Surprised no chat about Ryan Hardie.
Livi are in for him and he may have better offers but I would think we would be interested. 

...or Gavin Reilly?

I reckon we need two strikers to come into the squad.

22 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I reckon we need two strikers to come into the squad.

Without doubt and at least one with a good bit of strength. Need someone with pace as well.  As we could have gone with Dools/Nisbet & Storey it's fair to say we should be expecting Dools/X & Y to be both better quality and a better mix. 

If we sign only one striker I can see Erskine playing higher up the pitch. There could be merit in that given Chris ain't getting any younger but the signed striker would preferably have to be a sort of goalscoring version of Azeez or Storey, which could be problematic financially.