Team rebuilding

Paukea

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I've been hearing similar comments from third parties every season since Archie took over. Often the No1 target fails to come on board and we sign target No2 or No3. weeks later. Perhaps these two signings are all but made and we didn't want to clash with sponsorship announcements or are holding back for the new strip launch? However I tend to take these comments with the proverbial pinch of salt. And besides we're requiring a hell of a lot more than two new signings in the near future.

Well that's one in this week, hopefully at least one more to be announced as per Cammy Bells prediction. I am happy so far as we seem to be signing players for priority positions.

Either that or Archie is "building from the back".

10 hours ago, elevenone said:

Thomas O’Ware saying he turned down a few premiership clubs to sign for us.  Encouraging to hear.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16298793.Thomas_O__39_Ware_reveals_he_knocked_back_Premiership_clubs_to_sign_for_Partick_Thistle/

Encouraging. I just wonder when Tam says we're "a massive club" what adjective he'd use to describe Real Madrid?

Here's a selection of my favourite McGinty quotes from the torquayfans.com forum for all my fellow merchants of doom.

Got to wonder if Archie knows anything about this guy or is it more likely he's been signed on the recommendation of one of his contacts/agent chums.

Hope relegation fodder at Vanarama level is better than Scottish Championship level otherwise a double drop could be on the cards again.

'Still, like a lot of players at this level he was not perfect'

'Glad he’s gone, definitely part of the problem rather than a potential solution.'

'No loss.'

'His defending won't be missed - that's for sure.'

'McGinty I could take or leave personally,esp after last season gobbing off to pop-side,he's well above his station,very average'

'For some the NLS is ready made for McGinty - its primarily route one 'hoof-ball' at its finest'

'If neither Davis nor McGinty didn't re-sign it wouldn't be the end of the world'

'Anyone else get frustrated with McGinty's inability to keep the ball on the deck?'

Edited by The Legend Blows

2 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Here's a selection of my favourite McGinty quotes from the torquayfans.com forum for all my fellow merchants of doom.

Got to wonder if Archie knows anything about this guy or is it more likely he's been signed on the recommendation of one of his contacts/agent chums.

Hope relegation fodder at Vanarama level is better than Scottish Championship level otherwise a double drop could be on the cards again.

'Glad he’s gone, definitely part of the problem rather than a potential solution.'

'No loss.'

'McGinty I could take or leave personally,esp after last season gobbing off to pop-side,he's well above his station,very average'

'For some the NLS is ready made for McGinty - its primarily route one 'hoof-ball' at its finest'

'If neither Davis nor McGinty didn't re-sign it wouldn't be the end of the world'

'Anyone else get frustrated with McGinty's inability to keep the ball on the deck?'

"Always look on the bright side of life"

46 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Unsubstantiated Twitter rumour. We're looking at Jack Storer, centre forward,  released by Birmingham City.

Interesting that Archie said a couple of weeks ago that we would only be able to target players from the Scottish leagues as the English leagues would cost too much - yet we have bought in McGinty and possibly bringing this lad in too - so I wonder if something has changed 

40 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Interesting that Archie said a couple of weeks ago that we would only be able to target players from the Scottish leagues as the English leagues would cost too much - yet we have bought in McGinty and possibly bringing this lad in too - so I wonder if something has changed 

A different financial approach from a different board setup?

4 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

'No loss.'

Are Torquay your 'English team? :innocent:

8 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

'No loss.'

TLB, my antidote to your nonsense is my sponsorship of McGinty’s Away Top.

Let’s see who is laughing at the end of this season.

18 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

'No loss.'

That these negative comments about a player we have signed are your favourites says a lot about your attitude towards the club you purport to support.

This lifted from P&B

5b29ef1d77b24_ScreenShot2018-06-20at07_02_00.thumb.png.6ad8675dccf4125e95b07d9cae869839.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

That these negative comments about a player we have signed are your favourites says a lot about your attitude towards the club you purport to support.

This lifted from P&B

5b29ef1d77b24_ScreenShot2018-06-20at07_02_00.thumb.png.6ad8675dccf4125e95b07d9cae869839.png

Many times last season I hoped that Devine and Barton would just "hoof it up the park". Cup tie against Celtic springs immediately to mind.

• Haha 1