Team rebuilding

Paukea

2 hours ago, jags on tour said:

good to see Banzo back in training, what a massive player he will be if he’s back to full fitness.

I think I heard somewhere he was back in full training (or damn near to it) before the end of the season. I don't think he would be given a one month contract if it wasn't anticipated he'd be fully fit when the season kicks off. I imagine the acid test will be just how fit he is a few games later.  Shame for the lad. Like many at Tynecastle I was very close to the incident when it happened. Knew it was a real bad one when you saw the concern from Neil Alexander.

44 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think I heard somewhere he was back in full training (or damn near to it) before the end of the season. I don't think he would be given a one month contract if it wasn't anticipated he'd be fully fit when the season kicks off. I imagine the acid test will be just how fit he is a few games later.  Shame for the lad. Like many at Tynecastle I was very close to the incident when it happened. Knew it was a real bad one when you saw the concern from Neil Alexander.

aye is his contract til 1st august? should give him a full pre season plus a few friendlies and a competitive game or two, suits both parties I suppose. 

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

As soon as I saw it I knew it was a bad one. I think part of the issue in his recovery was the injury was not treated correctly at the time and that set him back several months.

It's really sad to read people saying things like he's been a waste of a wage and he is finished, when we don't really know that for sure. Some injuries take longer to recover from than others and he has had his fair share of set backs.

I'd love to see Banzo make a full come back for two reasons. One, to silence the doubters and those who have written him off and two, because he's the best player we've got.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Out of interest, did Bannigan's injury result from a tackle by him, or on him? Two players going for a 50-50 ball? Something else?

My recollection (which others can correct) is that the ball was played through or back to Neil Alexander in the Hearts goal. Banzo was our furthest forward player and moved in to close Alexander down. Although Alexander was clear favourite to get first to the ball, he did not have much time to spare and Banzo was coming on at a fair pace. Alexander touched  the ball to the side to give himself a little more space. Banzo in mid run instinctively tried to twist his body to intercept and the unfortunate combination of running fast in one direction and suddenly twisting in the other direction caused him to catch a foot in the ground with devastating consequences for what may at first have seemed to be quite innocuous. 

Certainly no contact involved by, or blame attaching to, any other player (and of course just sheer bad luck for Banzo).

54 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

My recollection (which others can correct) is that the ball was played through or back to Neil Alexander in the Hearts goal. Banzo was our furthest forward player and moved in to close Alexander down. Although Alexander was clear favourite to get first to the ball, he did not have much time to spare and Banzo was coming on at a fair pace. Alexander touched  the ball to the side to give himself a little more space. Banzo in mid run instinctively tried to twist his body to intercept and the unfortunate combination of running fast in one direction and suddenly twisting in the other direction caused him to catch a foot in the ground with devastating consequences for what may at first have seemed to be quite innocuous. 

Certainly no contact involved by, or blame attaching to, any other player (and of course just sheer bad luck for Banzo).

Much like that. Certainly was chasing down the ball in anticipation. Was so unlikely any good would've come from his attempt. 

For those not there. Yes it did happen, a midfielder actually getting goal side of our forwards. :) 

On 6/21/2018 at 9:19 AM, Jag said:

...I think part of the issue in his recovery was the injury was not treated correctly at the time and that set him back several months....

There's every appearance that particular error was not a one-off, judging by the "recovery" of others. :no:

20 hours ago, Fearchar said:

There's every appearance that particular error was not a one-off, judging by the "recovery" of others. :no:

I’m sure I’ve seen you cast doubt on our medical/sports science team before. Genuinely fascinated to know what medical knowledge you have that qualified physiotherapists/sport scientists/doctors don’t? Maybe you should get in touch with the club and offer your services. Also keen to know what proof - aside from, shock horror, a football team and players being unlucky with bad injuries - you have of any inadequacies. 

Fox - Dross Cunty

O'Donnell - Scotland international - well done that man!!

Muirhead - Falkirk(?)

Balatoni - Edinburgh City

ATS - Motherwell (he's not as good as people would like to think he is)

Bannigan - Wish you back soon

Paton - Falkirk (thank the lord)

Erskine - Family. No comment required.

Lawless - Wish he were still ours (we'll regret not re-signing him)

Craigen - Would have him back this season if available

Doolan - Family . No comment required

Steven Craig and Hugh Murray who both played significant roles five years ago are no longer playing professional football as far as I am aware.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Fox - Dross Cunty

O'Donnell - Scotland international - well done that man!!

Muirhead - Falkirk(?)

Balatoni - Edinburgh City

ATS - Motherwell (he's not as good as people would like to think he is)

Bannigan - Wish you back soon

Paton - Falkirk (thank the lord)

Erskine - Family. No comment required.

Lawless - Wish he were still ours (we'll regret not re-signing him)

Craigen - Would have him back this season if available

Doolan - Family . No comment required

Steven Craig and Hugh Murray who both played significant roles five years ago are no longer playing professional football as far as I am aware.

Agree with all of that.