Team rebuilding

Paukea

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

In my experience, it has nothing to do with geography. For the last 30+ years, my sister (who lives 25 miles from London) has talked of Glasgow as being down. They consider everywhere to be down. They can't help themselves. 

As a pedantic scientist, I would point out that there is no logical reason for North to be up or South to be down etc.. This is purely a convention.

However, I've always talked about "going down to" wherever, regardless of geography. I'm also a Londoner, so you may have a point.

I do think we may have strayed a wee bit off-topic here though.

At last I’m getting over the Livi depression.

its a big unknown for Archie to rebuild but perhaps this is the kick start required.

Agree that Thistle are far too nice. I hope Storer snarls like Lyle Taylor and manages to stay on the park. And that he’s quite good!!

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Perhaps given the thingy with the advertising hoarding, "kick start" is not the best term to use. :)

Can now put out a strongish looking first team......

Bell

Elliott-O'Ware-McGinty-Penrice

McCarthy-Bannigan

Spittall-Erskine-Storer

Doolan.

We've obviously a good few signings still to be made even to run with a pared down squad.  Using a bit of licence in including the Transfer Three and the youngsters I reckon we're two players short of scraping up a reserve team.  At least tho' having that 1st XI signed up at the start of the month gives some key players time to gel.

Fitzpatrick instead of Storer and switch his place with Spittal. Watched him on Saturday and thought he looked ready for the first team, have a feeling we’ll be using more youth players this season.

1 hour ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Fitzpatrick instead of Storer and switch his place with Spittal. Watched him on Saturday and thought he looked ready for the first team, have a feeling we’ll be using more youth players this season.

Interesting re Fitzpatrick. Have seen quite a bit of the lad and it's not hard to see his potential. I've never thought tho' he's anywhere near ready for the first team (even dropping down a division). Often youngsters impress in pre season friendlies due mostly to the less physical approach to the game. Then again often a young player gets to bulk up in the close season and is a much less scrawny prospect come the start of the new. Wait and see I suppose.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Interesting re Fitzpatrick. Have seen quite a bit of the lad and it's not hard to see his potential. I've never thought tho' he's anywhere near ready for the first team (even dropping down a division). Often youngsters impress in pre season friendlies due mostly to the less physical approach to the game. Then again often a young player gets to bulk up in the close season and is a much less scrawny prospect come the start of the new. Wait and see I suppose.

Archie said on jagzone that Fitzpatrick would be given a chance this season and he has high hopes for him 

On 27/06/2018 at 11:44 AM, Paulo said:

The boy is 20.  

Don't be ridiculous his career is over as he will never amount to much, at least by the usual few that are negative on everyone and everything. Not quite sure why they are so bitter it's not as if they will contribute a bean to his wages.

Everyone deserves a chance in life and sometimes it takes a certain set of circumstances to bring the best out in you, if you don't take my word for it ask Ian Wright or Jamie Vardy as the obvious two who went to the very top well past 20.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Metz said:

Don't be ridiculous his career is over as he will never amount to much, at least by the usual few that are negative on everyone and everything. Not quite sure why they are so bitter it's not as if they will contribute a bean to his wages.

Everyone deserves a chance in life and sometimes it takes a certain set of circumstances to bring the best out in you, if you don't take my word for it ask Ian Wright or Jamie Vardy as the obvious two who went to the very top well past 20.

So. Season ticket sales and patg doesn't contribute towards players wages? OK!

Thought these words showed a creditable attitude on Blair Spittal's part:

“I think that the idea of leaving didn’t really sit right with me. Ultimately I was part of the team that got relegated and I feel I owe it to the club and the fans to stick by Thistle and give my all to get us back up"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Thought these words showed a creditable attitude on Blair Spittal's part:

“I think that the idea of leaving didn’t really sit right with me. Ultimately I was part of the team that got relegated and I feel I owe it to the club and the fans to stick by Thistle and give my all to get us back up"

Good attitude ,lets hope we see it paying dividends on the pitch next season.