Team rebuilding

Paukea

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It says on the Official Site that it is subject to international clearance. I thought that only applied to non Scots coming to play in Scotland ?

Anyone moving cross-border, irrespective of nationality. He’s signing under the terms of a different national football association.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

I think we could be doing with another couple defenders and attackers and maybe a midfielder. That’s assuming Keown, Barton and Storey remain. If they leave, I think we need to replace them too. Still a lot of work to do.

From what you can pick up ....more players are in the way 

Watched a lot of him in the U20s and the senior team at Killie and really liked him. Neat in possession and rarely gives the ball away. More the type to keep things ticking over in midfield than create. Hits a great set piece too.

He was flying when he first went down to Colchester but dropped off and was poor at United (but didn't get much of a chance apparently). For me, you don't lose that knack of finding a pass though so fingers crossed he gets a run of games and gets back to his best.

Aye I really liked him at Killie so hopefully he does well. If he gets a run of games he should be an excellent Championship level/more than competent Premiership player.

Promising thoughts regarding Craig from a Killie fan.

F85302FC-65A1-4D2F-B0A1-3AA2078A1575.thumb.jpeg.9323fc62b15644bdb90234272228cbe6.jpeg

Edited by jagfox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

A few guys on Twitter hit the roof when they heard he was no longer on trial. Did he actually go abroad or was that all made up?

According to Wiki he went on trial with AC Horsens in Denmark after his trial with us.

Welcome to Firhill Craig. :)

12 hours ago, Paukea said:

Not that I like to gloat but I started this topic a few months ago and my three picks were

Thomas O’Ware 

Craig Slater

Lawrence Shankland 

“Cause Two out of three ain’t bad”

I've picked the first 3 of Fridays Euro millions……..can you give me the last 2 and the bonus ball...….will split winnings!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Paukea said:

Not that I like to gloat but I started this topic a few months ago and my three picks were

Thomas O’Ware 

Craig Slater

Lawrence Shankland 

“Cause Two out of three ain’t bad”

We were interested in Shankland even if we stayed up, but not sure if we spoke to him or offered a deal. My nephew is his mate so I know for sure there was interest.

4 minutes ago, jaggy said:

We were interested in Shankland even if we stayed up, but not sure if we spoke to him or offered a deal. My nephew is his mate so I know for sure there was interest.

There was but he’s signed a one year extension with Ayr.

22 goals in league 1 last year and was the POTY for that division also

would have been a decent signing I think

On 6/26/2018 at 9:43 AM, ThickAsThieves said:

If Keown, Barton and Storey all stay, and including the young players that remain on the Development Squad on the website, then I’d imagine we’d be looking for between 4-7 new signings. Obviously if they leave then 7-10. 

GK: Bell, Lennox, Sneddon, Stevenson. 0 MORE

RB/LB: Elliott, Penrice, Duncanson. 1 MORE

CB: O’Ware, McGinty, Keown, Barton. 0 MORE

CM: McCarthy, Bannigan, Eadie. 1 OR 2 MORE

W/AM: Erskine, Spittal, Fitzpatrick, Wilson. 2 MORE

ST: Doolan, Storey, 0 OR 1 MORE

Updated:

GK: Bell, Lennox, Sneddon, Stevenson. 0 MORE

RB/LB: Elliott, Penrice, Duncanson. 1 MORE

CB: O’Ware, McGinty, Keown, Barton. 0 MORE

CM: McCarthy, Bannigan, Slater, Gordon, Eadie. 0 MORE

W/AM: Erskine, Spittal, Fitzpatrick, Wilson. 2 MORE

ST: Doolan, Storey, Storer. 0 MORE

3 more but if any of the 'available 3' go then they'd need replaced too. Not bad.

It's good to see we're adding (what looks like) quality, despite the problem of the 3 contracted players still hanging around.  The finishing touches to the squad really depend on these 3 staying or going though.  I wonder what the discussion is within the club, whether they are happy to stay but just a bit expensive, or if they are desperate to go but need the wages?  

18 minutes ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

A wide player who, freakishly, cuts inside and has a shot rather than reflexively take it wide for an aimless cross might be nice. 

Just a thought.

(not saying he’ll score from said shot mind you) 

Stevie Lawless?  :lol: