Team rebuilding

Paukea

That's surely a mismatch. A wide player cutting in and shooting at goal? Lawless every time, tried and tested. Lawless cutting in from the right trumps Storey cutting in from the left. But if Wee Stevie was made to play out left (as he too often had to do to compliment Spittal) then I may just prefer Storey in that position. Anyway a rather theoretical opinion as we released one player and we're trying to offload the other.

Strange that Lawless hasn't found a club yet. I assumed he'd  have found one in the top tier or down South.  I'll fail to see the logic If he turns up at another club in our division. Unless of course we're going to sign some super duper wide player.

26 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's surely a mismatch. A wide player cutting in and shooting at goal? Lawless every time, tried and tested. Lawless cutting in from the right trumps Storey cutting in from the left. But if Wee Stevie was made to play out left (as he too often had to do to compliment Spittal) then I may just prefer Storey in that position. Anyway a rather theoretical opinion as we released one player and we're trying to offload the other.

Strange that Lawless hasn't found a club yet. I assumed he'd  have found one in the top tier or down South.  I'll fail to see the logic If he turns up at another club in our division. Unless of course we're going to sign some super duper wide player.

Lawless would want the same wages he was on last season, it's not going to happen unless he is prepared to do a Doolan or Erskine. Let some other team pay him what he thinks he is worth. 

1 hour ago, dunnikierjag said:

Lawless would want the same wages he was on last season, it's not going to happen unless he is prepared to do a Doolan or Erskine. Let some other team pay him what he thinks he is worth. 

Aye, but he'll only get similar wages to what he was on if he goes to where I thought he would end up. Unless that happens I doubt he'll end up earning a wage above our valuation. I thought Stevie was one of the players that can't be questioned about his effort and I think it'll be difficult bringing in a wide player the equal or better in quality. . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Apparently Archie has said on Jagzone that we’re not signing anymore until Storey, Barton and Keown are gone and they’re apparently unlikely to move now. Never actually seen him say this as I don’t have Jagzone but it was mentioned on Twitter.

Archie did not say anything like the above in his JagZone interview!

The only vague grain of accuracy was that there had been no movement on the Transferlisted Three and that resolving their situations would help to clarify matters for Archie. However,  this was not stopping him from still doing the business of endeavouring to make new signings.

He did seem to concede that Jack Storer would need to screw the nut!

7 hours ago, partickthedog said:

The only vague grain of accuracy was that there had been no movement on the Transferlisted Three and that resolving their situations would help to clarify matters for Archie. However,  this was not stopping him from still doing the business of endeavouring to make new signings.

He did seem to concede that Jack Storer would need to screw the nut!

He said the bringing in of any other Centre backs is dependent on clarifying the position of Barton and Keown 

22 hours ago, Paukea said:

There was but he’s signed a one year extension with Ayr.

22 goals in league 1 last year and was the POTY for that division also

would have been a decent signing I think

We would be able to offer more wages than Ayr for sure and pretty sure we could pay Ayr a compensation fee though no idea if it’s ever really been done much in Football a guy just signs a one year contract with someone and then another team come in for him.

i agree with your view a very good young player with lots of potential and who knows how to find the net regularly

11 hours ago, partickthedog said:

The only vague grain of accuracy was that there had been no movement on the Transferlisted Three and that resolving their situations would help to clarify matters for Archie. 

Thanks for clarifying this, was a bit worried there wouldn’t be anymore signings!

11 hours ago, ironfist said:

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/big-interview-former-pne-midfielder-adam-barton-1-9238461/amp?__twitter_impression=true

interesting read- think I’d probably rather he gets a move soon. Talented player, but don’t think his attitude comes across positively here 

In many ways this article sums up the player Adam is, a player when he is confident and probably happy with the world but when life gets tougher not there to be counted on.

I certainly wouldn't have signed someone based on that piece alone but then again not really sure players have interviews to help assess what type of character your getting.

8 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Wiki says he’s with us already. Must be true!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radek_Dejmek

8 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Wiki says he’s with us already. Must be true!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radek_Dejmek

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/radek-dejmek/profil/spieler/70024

and transfermarket 

57 minutes ago, Paukea said:

I was ready to file this story under 'clever windup', given it started from the same source which had us in for Charlie Mulgrew this time last year, but I'm not sure now. Anyone can edit a Wikipedia page, but Transfermarket is independent, or am I wrong about that?