Team rebuilding

Paukea

On 10/07/2018 at 1:45 AM, Fearchar said:

A manager has to take overall responsibility for sickness absence, as it affects any strategy for success (on the park, in this case). Sickness absence is the major indication to managers that something is going wrong in a business. If the staff delegated with that responsibility aren't coping, it's the manager's duty to intervene as soon as a problem is evident. Failure to do so should mean being held to account by the board. If a problem with sickness absence  is not tackled at any of those three levels, any business (not just a football club) will suffer and be overtaken by competitors. It also affects recruitment: which potential employees (especially ones with short careers) would leave a safe position to go and work for an employer with a poor safety record?

Apparently, two players are already injured, before competitive matches  have begun. Let's hope that's just a blip, and not an indication of more of the same.

You’re absolutely choking for our medical team to be sacked aren’t you? Such a tedious bore on this subject. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Interesting to see Neil McLaughlin has been signed by Motherwell and loaned out to Stirling. I thought he was one of our more promising youngsters and was disappointed that we let him go. I hope that decision doesnt come back to haunt us.

Motherwell are in a better position to take a chance on his development I suppose.  Good luck to him, nice to see him get fixed up.

2 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

You’re absolutely choking for our medical team to be sacked aren’t you? Such a tedious bore on this subject. 

You refuse to look at evidence that's presented and then exaggerate the answer to someone else's civil question into some kind of conspiracy theory.

Your reaction doesn't look like one of boredom, but one of some desperate to quash a line of questioning that might bring to light something within the club. Do I spy strangers?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

You refuse to look at evidence that's presented and then exaggerate the answer to someone else's civil question into some kind of conspiracy theory.

Your reaction doesn't look like one of boredom, but one of some desperate to quash a line of questioning that might bring to light something within the club. Do I spy strangers?

Bring to light something within the club? Literally what are you even talking about? 

The “evidence” you’ve extremely tediously presented is essentially that we had a lot of injuries last year. Congrats on the investigative work, Clouseau.

I’m not desperate to do anything other than challenge the total nonsense that you’ve posted on this subject.

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

He is a natural goal scorer who was never given a chance.

I was very surprised we released him. Perhaps he knew of Motherwell’s interest.

Good luck to him at whatever level he plays at.

Motherwell aren’t giving him a chance. He was signed for the reserves and has been loaned out somewhere

I'm perplexed as to why our back room staff are single out for criticism (by some) in relation to injuries when a quick google suggests that most of the time our injury list has not been significantly worse than most sides. Most sides normally have a few players with short-term injuries and a few players with long-term injuries. However, I would expect us to have less than average at the moment, given recent squad turnover and because it is the start of the season.

I'm especially perplexed as to why fingers are being pointed at the back room staff because we have a goalie with a damaged wrist and fingers - surely an injury like that comes with the territory?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaggy said:

good signings for Dunfermline? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44818090

Thought he might've been able to do a job in the top division. In fact I thought there was a strong chance we'd have signed him as a replacement for Higginbotham. Guy obviously experienced in our league but struggling to get a game with St Mirren suggests he's not living up to his potential. Lawless to the Buddies, perhaps?

Barton is a total waster. Still, it is annoying that the debt free club can't make any serious moves until "the three" were moved on, whilst Dundee United are putting their money where their mouth is in signing Frans, Booth, and Barton. As much of a pr*ck Barton proved to be; I still think he will be one of the division's better players next season. 

2 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Barton is a total waster. Still, it is annoying that the debt free club can't make any serious moves until "the three" were moved on, whilst Dundee United are putting their money where their mouth is in signing Frans, Booth, and Barton. As much of a pr*ck Barton proved to be; I still think he will be one of the division's better players next season. 

Debt free means you spend money you do have not money you don’t .... there is no bottomless pit 

5 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Debt free doesn't mean untold spending power ffs!

Barton had a good first season with us, then he couldn’t decide if he was a midfielder or defender. Needed to move on.

I still think Keown could do a job for us if he stayed. He didn’t have a good season, but he is an intelligent player and will knuckle down if given the chance. He still holds the number 5 shirt.