Team rebuilding

Paukea

22 minutes ago, Jaggy Bunnet said:

Trying to remember our last Championship winning squad, specifically with regards to depth of squad. Forgive for my omissions, but  I’m too lazy to look up a match programme!

Fox, Scully

O’Donnell, Muirhead, Balatoni, Taylor-Sinclair, Lidsay(?)

Paton, Bannigan, Welsh, Murray 

Erskine, Lawless, Craigen, Forbes

Doolan, Craig

I must be missing some out, but my point is that’s a squad of 17 or so.

Plus Archie himself for the first half of the season. Christie Elliott also played a fair part, though mostly from the bench.

Andy Dowie and Jordan McMillan joined in for the latter part of the season.

54 minutes ago, Jaggy Bunnet said:

Trying to remember our last Championship winning squad, specifically with regards to depth of squad. Forgive for my omissions, but  I’m too lazy to look up a match programme!

Fox, Scully

Doolan, Craig

Think we had a squad of about 22. I will have a look and post the others. 

2 hours ago, Jaggy Bunnet said:

Fox, Scully

Doolan, Craig

Hugh Murray

Graeme Smith

Andy Dowie

Christie Elliot

Jordan McMillan

David Rowson

Paul Slane 

Alan Archibald 

Mark McGuigan

2 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

He was - he played once for us. Was he injured that season? Did he leave at Xmas? Someone will have a better memory that me! 

You're right. To be more correct he left early in the January window.

By chance I went along to see Alloa v Stenny on the 2nd Jan. Looking at the players pre kick off I thought to myself "that Stenny player looks a lot like David Rowson".  No doubt due to it being New Year the PTFC website hadn't been updated.

5 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

He was - he played once for us. Was he injured that season? Did he leave at Xmas? Someone will have a better memory that me! 

Went on loan to Stenny. Don't remember him playing at all. 

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You're right. To be more correct he left early in the January window.

By chance I went along to see Alloa v Stenny on the 2nd Jan. Looking at the players pre kick off I thought to myself "that Stenny player looks a lot like David Rowson".  No doubt due to it being New Year the PTFC website hadn't been updated.

David Rowson joined Stenhousemuir in early January on a 28 day loan. He came back to Firhill following the loan and left the Club on the same day that Jackie McNamara moved on to Dundee United - I remember he wrote a letter to the fans on ptfc.co.uk which everyone in bits.

6 minutes ago, G SUS said:

David Rowson joined Stenhousemuir in early January on a 28 day loan. He came back to Firhill following the loan and left the Club on the same day that Jackie McNamara moved on to Dundee United - I remember he wrote a letter to the fans on ptfc.co.uk which everyone in bits.

Coming back to me now:)

btw I think DR made the bench on a few occasions that season but didn't ever come on as a sub.

46 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Coming back to me now:)

btw I think DR made the bench on a few occasions that season but didn't ever come on as a sub.

I thought he came on as a late substitute v Cove Rangers where he made his 250th Thistle appearance?

IIRC, he suffered from a back injury in pre-season, was ruled out for a bit then the team were flying when he was fit so couldn't get in the side.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Storey signs revised contract - so a wage cut - and comes off transfer list... just keown left 

Happy to see Miles sign up again, having watched him in the Raith game at Garscube and again on Tuesday night, he should have a lot to offer this season.

13 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Happy to see Miles sign up again, having watched him in the Raith game at Garscube and again on Tuesday night, he should have a lot to offer this season.

To be fair he should have offered us a lot more last season but didnt.  However hes taking a wage cut so fair play to him - interesting the website refers to him as an attacker rather than a striker, I wonder if Archie sees moving him to replace Lawless?