Team rebuilding

Paukea

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

There is no evidence to date that storey  is a regular goal scorer 

Agreed, however he offered something completely different on Tuesday. 

If we were playing a team who use attacking fullbacks I would think he would do a decent job at pinning one of them back and will definitely cause defences a lot of problems at this level. 

2 minutes ago, mad-jag said:

Agreed, however he offered something completely different on Tuesday. 

If we were playing a team who use attacking fullbacks I would think he would do a decent job at pinning one of them back and will definitely cause defences a lot of problems at this level. 

He was at fault for the goal in the second half though which has largely been forgotten about

44 minutes ago, lewcal said:

Keown was training with first team today at garscube and looked sharp and far more interested than Barton did last time I was there a couple of weeks ago. 

If only we could've transferred Keown's attitude into Barton's heid we'd have got ourselves a player worth paying top division wages. Put another way we really need a Barton type player with the mindset of Keown. 

20 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Any players there who were trialists or who you hadnt seen in the first team squad before?

No. Usual suspects I’m afraid. A few youth players were the only ones I never really recognised and they certainly didn’t look out of place with the first team. Was actually quite impressive to see the tempo and quality of all the players throughout training. No erskine, banzo or storer. Storer I was told is down south taking care of personal matters and Lennox is looking at roughly 10wks out with his knee injury unfortunately. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lewcal said:

No. Usual suspects I’m afraid. A few youth players were the only ones I never really recognised and they certainly didn’t look out of place with the first team. Was actually quite impressive to see the tempo and quality of all the players throughout training. No erskine, banzo or storer. Storer I was told is down south taking care of personal matters and Lennox is looking at roughly 10wks out with his knee injury unfortunately. 

Did Lennox get injured due to the pitch last week? 

29 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Paul Watson signs for Dundee United. Since he is a CB, I think we can be pretty sure he is yet another player we have lost out on judging by the comments on the article. 

Because Czaba Lazslo says he was in demand elsewhere that means we lost out on him? Right you are, pal.

If we had signed Paul Watson you’d be saying he was released by Falkirk, not good enough, etc etc. 

Theres maybe one or two players our rivals have signed that I’d have been pleased to see us sign. The constant desire to be negative must be genuinely exhausting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Not Jags related but Adam Rooney signs for Salford City in National League on 4k a week 3yr deal.  Gives you a idea on money gulf cross border.

No doubt there is a huge money gulf but I think  in this instance, and using Aberdeen terms, we're seeing  here a re-run of Steve Tosh signing for Gretna. 

6 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Because Czaba Lazslo says he was in demand elsewhere that means we lost out on him? Right you are, pal.

If we had signed Paul Watson you’d be saying he was released by Falkirk, not good enough, etc etc. 

Theres maybe one or two players our rivals have signed that I’d have been pleased to see us sign. The constant desire to be negative must be genuinely exhausting. 

I was in fact being pretty coy, pal. I know one of Paul Watson's former Falkirk buddies, and know for certain that we were interested. The passage in the article only laid additional credence to what I was told. 

Secondly, I know he could have done a great job at pushing O'Ware and McGinty at CB. You must be thinking of Paul Watson the sea-captain, or Paul Watson the conspiracy theorist (I would have indeed said those two weren't good enough). The ex-Falkirk and now United CB is actually pretty good. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

10 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

I was in fact being pretty coy, pal. I know one of Paul Watson's former Falkirk buddies, and know for certain that we were interested. The passage in the article only laid additional credence to what I was told. 

Secondly, I know he could have done a great job at pushing O'Ware and McGinty at CB. You must be thinking of Paul Watson the sea-captain, or Paul Watson the conspiracy theorist (I would have indeed said those two weren't good enough). The ex-Falkirk and now United CB is actually pretty good. 

The Paul Watson who wasn’t a starter for a crap Falkirk team last year? Fair enough. Shades of Baresi, I’ve heard. Sorry for doubting your clearly impeccable source.

Speaking of insider knowledge, from my carefully cultivated contacts with people at all levels of football throughout Scotland, I can exclusively reveal that a Dundee United fan known as Orange and BlackNeck, whose auntie makes the tea at Tannadice, is spitting tangerine pips because his team missed out on Shea Gordon and Jack Storer, and have instead blown a large part of their salary budget on duds from Partick Thistle and Falkirk.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

5 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

The Paul Watson who wasn’t a starter for a crap Falkirk team last year? 

You do see the degree irony in these two separate posts I hope? You criticise me based on the incorrect assumption that I would have though Watson was crap, before you yourself seem to suggest as much. 

Anyway, moving on swiftly. Clock is ticking gaffer; lets get some fresh faces bedded in before the league kicks off proper.