Team rebuilding

Paukea

56 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

How so ? Lawless was released by the club because we hadn’t paid money him. Storey was made available for transfer because we had. 

That's completely inaccurate,

We didn't release Lawless. Lawless contract expired at the end of 2017/18 season. He was no longer a Thistle player. We didn't offer him a new contract.

Storey was under contract until the end of 2018/19.

At the end of last season Storey remained a Thistle player, Lawless wasn't. therefore completely different.

Certainly need cover in that area tho' Christie did alright down the left in a higher division. Wouldn't pay much attention to what County fans have to say. Even if he was at Dingwall recently the lad's still at an age where he should be developing in both physicality and ability. Hopefully now have a full bench for Saturday tho' I've no idea about any injuries.

We obviously still require a centreback but I'm not sure we've cover at right back (maybe O'Ware?). Said before re-signing Keown (terms dependent) would make a lot of sense if he could cover at right back.  

8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Certainly need cover in that area tho' Christie did alright down the left in a higher division. Wouldn't pay much attention to what County fans have to say. Even if he was at Dingwall recently the lad's still at an age where he should be developing in both physicality and ability. Hopefully now have a full bench for Saturday tho' I've no idea about any injuries.

We obviously still require a centreback but I'm not sure we've cover at right back (maybe O'Ware?). Said before re-signing Keown (terms dependent) would make a lot of sense if he could cover at right back.  

Spittal would cover right-back I would have thought.  We really need 4 center backs - not sure if we are going to sign the boy Sena from Pollock. 

Sena can play CB and defensive midfield so I think, although he is young, he would be a sensible addition to a squad as prone to injuries as ours as he covers two positions.

I get the Keown argument, which is similar, the issue I have is that I don't think Keown dislodges Elliot (as RB), O Ware or MacGinty (certainly on last years form) and I am not convinced he will be content with squad player status.

2 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Max Melbourne joins us from WBA for the season. Hardly awe-inspired, but will provide cover for Penrice at LB, and also at LM. Wonder what the County fans thought of him?

It'll end up the other way around IMO. Something tells me Archibald doesny rate Penrice for what ever reason. Will play him if he has to. Penrice would be better off going elsewhere if he doesn't want to end up in League 2 three years from now

1 hour ago, jaf said:

Sena can play CB and defensive midfield so I think, although he is young, he would be a sensible addition to a squad as prone to injuries as ours as he covers two positions.

I get the Keown argument, which is similar, the issue I have is that I don't think Keown dislodges Elliot (as RB), O Ware or MacGinty (certainly on last years form) and I am not convinced he will be content with squad player status.

In other words he is a Sena Back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

The lad Sena only got promoted to Pollok 1st team from their Dev squad recently. Its a big jump from Pollok to Thistle. Interesting story in progress and there was a piece in local media about him last season moving to Scotland settling as a kid etc. If he does come in it will be development surely.

We'll require two cntrebacks to play in the reserves. I'd go with one first team ready player (Keown perhaps but an older heid might be preferable) and a young recruit with potential that would only play 1st team in an out and out emergency. This Sena fella seems to tick the latter box.

3 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

It'll end up the other way around IMO. Something tells me Archibald doesny rate Penrice for what ever reason. Will play him if he has to. Penrice would be better off going elsewhere if he doesn't want to end up in League 2 three years from now

Penrice was outstanding at Livingston and has been excellent pretty much when he has played for us, much as I am a fan of Archie I will have to seriously question his judgement if he does not rate Penrice and only plays him because he has too.  Im aware we are only 3 games in but probably at present my player of the season so far

3 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

He'll end up there, if he doesn't get himself up to the required level of fitness.

Archies made it clear, he wants his full backs up n down the park. If the lads not up to doing that, then that's the way it goes.

4 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Would the “something” be that Penrice has started every game this season, was awarded with a new contract last year, and has been publicly praised many times by Archie (while making the point he has much room for improvement)?

Absolute loonball. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Penrice brings something that Elliot can’t- a good delivery into the box

Yep and if after 7 years Elliot has not been able to improve on that then Archei should be looking at serious competition for that.

Its all very well being fast enough to get up and down the park but its a waste if 8-9 times out of 10 your delivery goes nowhere but out the park or to an opposition player