Team rebuilding

Paukea

3 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Yes, Jagfox is correct. Thought I made it quite clear; my apologies. 

Off on a slight tangent from the subsequent poster, it was Eaglesham who went on a mazy run down the right before squaring it to Paul Keegan to almost miss from 2 yards out.  Remember it quite clearly. We also relegated Stirling Albion that evening too. 

Thank you for reassuring me that my memory is still working.

4 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Great news MJ. Thanks.

Hope you're going to help us sponsor them :)

Which reminds me, currently looking for pledges for the teen goal machine...

Im afraid my season ticket donation will be my support to the firhill coffers this year. With a future jag 4 weeks away im going not going to have as much spare coins as i used to

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

Im afraid my season ticket donation will be my support to the firhill coffers this year. With a future jag 4 weeks away im going not going to have as much spare coins as i used to

Early congrats to you and your family and all the best for a healthy delivery!

If he’s been quite a kicker, get him over to ThistleWeir.

• Like 1

Seems so strange that despite being the Championship team in need of the largest rebuild, we are once again at the cows-tail. If the league were to start tomorrow, United, County, Falkirk, and even Dunfermline are ready to go. Is it simply a matter of finances, or is it that our management team just don't have contacts in the game that would be advantageous in the window?

16 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Seems so strange that despite being the Championship team in need of the largest rebuild, we are once again at the cows-tail. If the league were to start tomorrow, United, County, Falkirk, and even Dunfermline are ready to go. Is it simply a matter of finances, or is it that our management team just don't have contacts in the game that would be advantageous in the window?

If only there had been a question & answer session recently.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Number of factors I think. 

We didn't know what division we would be in till the end of may roughly 3 weeks behind Falkirk/Dunfermline and 2 behind County and United. So behind these guys. 

We are competing with about 14 or 15 other clubs for the same players (Championship/Lower Premier clubs) and we wont pay the same as United/County and the top division teams . We may have been in for players signed by these guys and they knocked us back so we have to move to another target- more time taken to resolve.

Also English Transfer window finishes on a week on Friday so expect the fringe players to be moved out this and beginning of next as teams finalise their squads. But you may find clubs hoarding players for a just in case scenario.

No Panic yet from me but we know we need to strengthen. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Good luck.Hope everything goes well and baby is healthy.

• Thanks 1