Team rebuilding

Paukea

5 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

From the match preview : 'We don’t have another natural right-back to fill in so we have to look at other options.'

So we don't have a natural right back to fill in for our right back ( who also isn't a natural right back ).

Is the 'next big moment' when we pick someone out the crowd to play?

I think our RB (I presume we’re talking about Elliot) is a natural RB personally. It just took a while for him to find this out himself.

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We have 5 under 20 players, including Fitzpatrick, we released most of the development squad, we now only have the weir academy mostly under 16

An U18 team is in place this season as there has been a gap between the U17s and the development team in the past.

At the Q&A on Sunday Archie said the reserve team will be made up of some of them, some of the younger guys plus those not playing on Saturdays. Games will be played on Monday afternoons now.

50 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

An U18 team is in place this season as there has been a gap between the U17s and the development team in the past.

At the Q&A on Sunday Archie said the reserve team will be made up of some of them, some of the younger guys plus those not playing on Saturdays. Games will be played on Monday afternoons now.

Panic over. I couldn't handle the additional stress. 

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

U17 squad according to the website, then drops down to U15

Fitzpartick from the reserve squad is still eligible for U17’s but I have a feeling he’s maybe outgrown that and is ready to be in or around 1st team

12 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

U17 squad according to the website, then drops down to U15

Fitzpartick from the reserve squad is still eligible for U17’s but I have a feeling he’s maybe outgrown that and is ready to be in or around 1st team

I think that is last season's squads. A lot of reading here but does mention a new U18 squad:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/project-brave-statement/

I did not travel to the game today, I don't miss many away games, but I did not go down today mainly due to the expectation of another poor performance.

As a club we have to have a look at the current shambles that we are in at the start of the League campaign, we could not fill the bench and actually had less players available than last week. Our activity has mainly been to release players, if Storey had not signed on reduced terms an Keown not chosen to hang about we would be even worse off. It is too early to pass judgement on the new recruits.

We were aware of the reintroduction of the reserve league and the positions that we are dreadfully short in for some time and yet released a number of young players who may have been able at this level. If these guys were unlikely to make the grade surely the ones in the age group below are unlikely to make any difference and are basically just making up the numbers on the bench.

It is all very well that the Board make positive noises about the Training facility and the progress of the Academy but we are told that these are arms length from the Club.

I watched my first Thistle match in the early sixties and have watched some terrible teams in my time, this is different, the Board seem to be sleepwalking into disaster. We have gone from top six Premier league to a team that seems completely disjointed with players played out of position because of a failure to recruit.  We knew of the suspensions before todays game months ago.

I do not believe that simply changing the manager will transform us, the Club as a whole have to look at how we are going to move forward. Simply coming out every few days saying that we missed out on a couple of targets and we took some positives from a poor performance is not good enough.

As fans who have supported the Club financially and emotionally over the years we deserve more. 

• Like 1

I agree entirely with this post.  The whole club reeks of amateurism, cronyism and complacency.  The appointment of Britton will do nothing to change this judging by his recent interview.  What Alan Rough adds to the Board is beyond me.  The only ray of hope is the appointment of the new Chair. Her background suggests a more vigourous approach to business, and I hope that she has a root and branch clearout at the club.  I suspect her appointment signals frustration by the Weirs at the way things have recently been managed, and that they have stepped in to ensure change occurs.   I hope that I am right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There is someone joining the team on Monday apparently they hoped he would play today but all the paperwork never went through- no idea who or what position 

Well if he's no idea what his name is or what position he plays, he'll fit in just nicely with the rest of them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There is someone joining the team on Monday apparently they hoped he would play today but all the paperwork never went through- no idea who or what position 

This is bollocks.

If that's true it should have been in place six weeks ago, not next Monday morning.

This kind of nonsense is no longer acceptable.

Are we really a serious football club?

Can't remember the last game I was at when so many of the fans were calling for Archies head, even after the away defeat to Livi  fans stood and applauded ,the home defeat at Firhill is where we should have made our feelings felt ,outside demanding a change of manager..I for one would have changed at the end of November ..We have been going backwards for the past 18 months and I don't see it getting any better..

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

This is bollocks.

If that's true it should have been in place six weeks ago, not next Monday morning.

If it is true, it will most likely be another Archie loan signing. Ex-Swidon, Crawley Town, Exeter, and Aldershot player, with more loan clubs than teeth, and nae appearances. 

32 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

This is bollocks.

Absolutely right.  Every Thistle fan has been conned. A total disgrace. From my point of view, I renewed 2_ season tickets on day 1 thinking I was contributing to a budget and a plan to challenge for promotion. Taken for a mug. I seriously want to know where the budget has gone including the £600k parachute payment.

listen i don't want anybody losing their job 

christ i've been through all that  crap

however if you can't hack it then well

ptfc is a business an entertainment  business and  unfortunately we as supporters have not been entertained

change is now required  now not next month or christmas but now

it breaks my heart it really does but archie has got to go

3 minutes ago, Z88 said:

Absolutely right.  Every Thistle fan has been conned. A total disgrace. From my point of view, I renewed 2_ season tickets on day 1 thinking I was contributing to a budget and a plan to challenge for promotion. Taken for a mug. I seriously want to know where the budget has gone including the £600k parachute payment.

I really do feel for you Z88, and others in your position. Beattie's statement at the end of last season about cutting budgets being a false economy, and playing football "the Partick Thistle way" (whatever the fcuk that means), seems like a really opportunistic way to boost season ticket sales, and no more.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1