Team rebuilding

Paukea

8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Last Sunday's Partick Thistle Open Day......

OTD: A Damon Gray goal.....

Last Chance to book hospitality......

A reminder that the Thistle Executive Offices......

:thinking: Surely not? ................. I met her in a club down in North Soho

Why not? She's a well respected man.

I think most people would accept we had the biggest rebuild in Jon to do in the division. 

Up to this point only three teams have signed less players than us : qos, Inverness and Ayr.  

The fact we are in the bottom half of signings made to date shows that the worse about a distorted market due to the English window shutting early is not affecting everyone else to the same extent as us.  If this is a trayegy rather than an excuse, then it’s clearly a strategy out of step with other clubs who have chosen to do their business early. The incoming signings will determine whether it was the correct or a flawed strategy. 

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

I think most people would accept we had the biggest rebuild in Jon to do in the division. 

Up to this point only three teams have signed less players than us : qos, Inverness and Ayr.  

The fact we are in the bottom half of signings made to date shows that the worse about a distorted market due to the English window shutting early is not affecting everyone else to the same extent as us.  If this is a trayegy rather than an excuse, then it’s clearly a strategy out of step with other clubs who have chosen to do their business early. The incoming signings will determine whether it was the correct or a flawed strategy. 

And likewise, all the other teams might have scooped up every bit of dross who was let go by other clubs.

Time will tell. 

29 minutes ago, jaf said:

QoS have a first team squad of 22 and U-20 squad of 10. ICT a squad of 36 and Ayr 22,  acadamy team play reserve games.

We have 18 first team players (1 on transfer list and 1 "coming back from injury")  and 6 reserves.

Time's running out.

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

And likewise, all the other teams might have scooped up every bit of dross who was let go by other clubs.

Time will tell. 

And I suspect that might be the problem with our recruitment this season. I don't believe for one minute that the management have been sitting on their collective arses and waiting for players to come to us. More likely we have been targetting players of better quality and therefore been competing against clubs able to offer more. You could argue that they should have had a plan B, and then been accused of buying dross, but it is also possible that with options running out before the window closes, that we might have some news of players we want coming in the next few weeks.

My glass is still half full (but no more than half)

Whilst our squad is small, with only 18 players , consisting of 3 keepers and 15 outfield (1 who’s injured and OOC in 3 weeks, and 1 transfer listed), we have a back room staff of 7, including 2 sports scientists now. 

Our training and preparation will be excellent with 1 back room to every 2 players.

1 minute ago, elevenone said:

7 figure transfer budget according to Gerry.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/update-from-the-chief-executive/

And 2 signing imminently- but there was supposed to be one signing imminently last Monday and fell through- also if they are signing imminently are they going in to tomorrow’s squad? Not convinced they will