Team rebuilding

Paukea

20 minutes ago, falklandal1 said:

Saw him play against us near the end of the Season at Development Squad level,sorry not good enough in my humble opinion.

20 minutes ago, falklandal1 said:

Saw him play against us near the end of the Season at Development Squad level,sorry not good enough in my humble opinion.

You realise that probably means we will sign him lol

• Like 1

The difficulties Britton mentions in recruiting new players are not new this season and apply to all clubs.  His comments do not explain why the squad is so small at this stage of the season, and to say that the end of August is the target date to get a full squad in place seems like an excuse for the slow progress to date.  Given the large scale clear-out at the end of last season,  and the comparatively large playing budget, the lack of signings is a bit of a mystery.

The longer we wait for new signings, the bigger the (annual) playing budget becomes as players contracts are normally ended at the end of a season, and therefore the money left in the pot is larger than if players were signed earlier. so it should be easier to add good quality to the squad from now onwards.

It could all happen quickly of course and we could have the 4 players we have always wanted in place in a matter of a few days.

13 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Very good player, but he’s been plagued by injuries , knee surgery last January (2017) and only played 15 times last season 

Also, I don't  think he's what we need.  We need a players who can play centre forward.  Storey can do it in a pinch but IMHO he's not ideal as CF, better coming in from the wing.  If we can get a CF who can play wing or support striker at a pinch then that would be good but we can't really on an ageing Doolan to stay fit, keep form, all season so we need a proper alternative.  The other options are obvious, a defensive MF and a CB and RB.

Edited by Mr Bunny

3 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

Also, I don't  think he's what we need.  We need a players who can play centre forward.  Storey can do it in a pinch but IMHO he's not ideal as CF, better coming in from the wing.  If we can get a CF who can play wing or support striker at a pinch then that would be good but we can't really on an ageing Doolan to stay fit, keep form, all season so we need a proper alternative.  The other options are obvious, a defensive MF and a CB and RB.

Archie will need to bring in an attacking mid if he wants to play 4-2-3-1 this season. 

45 minutes ago, laukat said:

Also saw Abdul Osman at the game. I know its not going to happen but if he was anywhere close to his form of the season before last he would stroll this league

Passed him on the way out after the game. I would take him back in a heartbeat if he played the way he did when he first arrived. We desperately need a general.

7 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Passed him on the way out after the game. I would take him back in a heartbeat if he played the way he did when he first arrived. We desperately need a general.

Aye we desperately need a general, not a guy who went missing for the second half of last season and was keener on Instagramming pictures of Efe Embrose wearing his bunnet than of bothering his arse playing for us.

Resounding no thanks. 

2 hours ago, Caramaca said:

Certainly a black guy got out a gold coloured Duscovery with Belgian plates, car was parked where our players usually park, not sure who he was, ended up sitting behind the dugouts.

I noticed the car but not the driver, speculated that it may be a new signing.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

No thanks.

He's one of the main reasons we find ourselves in the mess we are in.

Agreed, Barney. I've still got a burning memory of him firing an appalling pass at Christie in front of the JHS and giving Christie a hard time for missing his shite pass (amongst many other irritating things)... I meant I would take his type of player back when he first arrived at the club.

12 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Agreed, Barney. I've still got a burning memory of him firing an appalling pass at Christie in front of the JHS and giving Christie a hard time for missing his shite pass (amongst many other irritating things)... I meant I would take his type of player back when he first arrived at the club.

Maybe tells it’s ow story that he still has not got a club 

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Maybe tells it’s own story that he still has not got a club 

I get the impression Osman isn't too bothered about getting signed up anywhere. He'll know better than anyone that his legs have gone and I suspect that's the case.

Tade does more training with us more than some of our own players. Sure he'll sign for us one of these years.