Team rebuilding

Paukea

On 10/08/2018 at 10:53 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Guess there's more complexity to all this but why should we be interested in a player that's deemed surplus to requirements at Cappielow?

You could say that about most ofbthevplayets that most clubs sign. If only we were a manchester city or united etc where we had the pick of the best. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that

On 11/08/2018 at 11:44 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I get the impression Osman isn't too bothered about getting signed up anywhere. He'll know better than anyone that his legs have gone and I suspect that's the case.

Tade does more training with us more than some of our own players. Sure he'll sign for us one of these years.

He wont have made much money from football so f knows why he would not be bothered.

17 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Didn't Gerry say that there were 2 signings imminent?

Who is this guy Imminent?   His name has been bandied about both here and by the club now for weeks,  but never any mention of the other guy's name in the duo, so maybe it's that bloke Crisis. 

4 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

Keown's salary looks like continuing to weigh on Archie's budget but he will have a "spare wage" in 2 weeks time when Banzo's contract expires.

What's the betting that discussions with Banzo distract the club so's they forget the window closes at the end of the month too?

18 minutes ago, jaggy said:

FromBBC Gossip page:

Former Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly could land a move to Partick Thistle. The Ivory Coast international is a free agent and has been training with the Jags this week. (Scottish Sun)

He needs to choose his words more carefully.

”we beat Stranraer 5-0 midweek and I told the boys it will be the complete opposite vs Celtic”

30 minutes ago, jaggy said:

FromBBC Gossip page:

Former Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly could land a move to Partick Thistle. The Ivory Coast international is a free agent and has been training with the Jags this week. (Scottish Sun)

I would be happy with this. By the law of averages I suppose the Sun are due to have one of their "Partick Thistle rumours" actually have some basis in fact.

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

FromBBC Gossip page:

If his head is right, he will run riot in that league - for that reason, I don't believe this rumour, but I would be delighted if we got him for a season.

That would be potentially one of the best signings in this division.  I'm more inclined to believe that we're being hospitable and offering him training facilities.  

Anyone know what the story is with his contractual problems over the last year or so?  Is he really a free agent now?

1 minute ago, Paulo said:

That would be potentially one of the best signings in this division.  I'm more inclined to believe that we're being hospitable and offering him training facilities.  

Anyone know what the story is with his contractual problems over the last year or so?  Is he really a free agent now?

The part about him having to pay to release himself from his contract might be the problem, mibby other teams have looked at him and realised they might end up in some compensation claim from Al Ahly.

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

If his head is right, he will run riot in that league - for that reason, I don't believe this rumour, but I would be delighted if we got him for a season.

2 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

The part about him having to pay to release himself from his contract might be the problem, mibby other teams have looked at him and realised they might end up in some compensation claim from Al Ahly.

3 minutes ago, Paulo said:

He is due 1.4 million dollars to Al Ahly in compensation, which I doubt he has and Thistle certainly Don't have.

17 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Initially thought ‘ooft what a signing he would be’ then read the article and he’s not kicked a baw in 15 months, there must be a reason why no-one else has signed him. Might still be worth a 1 year deal?

Is this not a similar situation to David Templeton a couple of years ago ? He hadn’t played for sometime, was training with us and then signed for Hamilton and probably kept them in the premier last season ?