Team rebuilding

Paukea

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Is this not a similar situation to David Templeton a couple of years ago ? He hadn’t played for sometime, was training with us and then signed for Hamilton and probably kept them in the premier last season ?

Even the ever cautious could drop the "probably" from that statement.

If you take the Coulibaly story as gospel (given the source a rather huge "if") it looks like a lot of work to be done to get the lad signed up. Btw wouldn't the fine be in euros? I know there's little difference these days but if so it does highlight a not unexpected inaccuracy in the report. 

43 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Is this not a similar situation to David Templeton a couple of years ago ? He hadn’t played for sometime, was training with us and then signed for Hamilton and probably kept them in the premier last season ?

It's more accurate to say that we kept Hamilton in the Premier at our own expense, thanks to our generous donation of four points to their final total.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1

feel this story is a non starter.  cant see it happening.  that said miracles do happen.  still think we have 3/4 more players to go and time running out.  hope we get some people in soon but not just any players to make up the numbers.  ones that compliment the team and bring something fresh to us.  looks like we have solid foundations to build on this season.  

6 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's more accurate to say that we kept Hamilton in the Premier at our own expense, thanks to our generous donation of four points to their final total.

Being pedantic, it probably isn’t given that Hamilton won 33 points last season, but even of those 4 won against us, I am pretty sure he scored goals that accounted for at least 3 of those 4 points.

Archie on Jagzone interview confirming Coulibaly in to train and for Archie et al to establish if he would fit in to the squad.

It wasn’t a “we are just giving him training facilities “ statement.

From that I can only assume that the fine he was due to pay the Egyptian team or whatever you want to call it has perhaps been sorted. 

I'm not getting my hopes up there's something funny about this.  I hope it's not the former Kilmarnock players twin sister!

Coulibaly was Kilmarnocks best player at the time he moved for £800k. They didn't want to lose him but couldn't turn down the cash.  If he was coming back to Scotland surely he would be looking for a Premier League club who could pay him lots more than we can.

It would be a tremendous signing if we got him and he played to the standard he did at Killie. 

watched interviews with archie and penrice on jagzone

archie; looks more relaxed, hopefully all the pressure and stress from last season is slowly ebbing away

james penrice; i've followed the jags for many a year/decade i've got this gut feeling about this lad, he has got the potential to do great things

every time i see him play, his skill, his physical attitude and his appetite to push forward and not afraid to have a pop at goal 

given the right coaching etc , who knows

play him left midfield not left fullback and watch this lad blossom  :thumbsup2:

and no, i'm not his faither or his mother :D

honest

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Being pedantic, it probably isn’t given that Hamilton won 33 points last season, but even of those 4 won against us, I am pretty sure he scored goals that accounted for at least 3 of those 4 points.

None of the following is meant to be inflammatory or contentious LJ. But yes, you are being pedantic with that statement in my view.

They didn't 'win' 4 against us - we gifted them those points.

Hamilton I saw as the team that we needed to get past all along. At the time of either game I saw those two results as potentially being the crux of our season, and so it turned out to be. In a negative way, sadly.

Anyway, it's over now. Hopefully we've got rid of the dross and we can push on now. 

4 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

Archie on Jagzone interview confirming Coulibaly in to train and for Archie et al to establish if he would fit in to the squad.

It wasn’t a “we are just giving him training facilities “ statement.

From that I can only assume that the fine he was due to pay the Egyptian team or whatever you want to call it has perhaps been sorted. 

Whilst Archie are is scratching his head trying to figure out if he could 'fit in' he could end up watching him disappear over the horizon. It seems incredible if we were able to offer him a deal but waited to see him, given he has signed azeez, mukendi, pogba etc off a dvd. It would be certainly worth the wait if the club pulled it off.

15 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Whilst Archie are is scratching his head trying to figure out if he could 'fit in' he could end up watching him disappear over the horizon. It seems incredible if we were able to offer him a deal but waited to see him, given he has signed azeez, mukendi, pogba etc off a dvd. It would be certainly worth the wait if the club pulled it off.

If the club has to pay the 1.2 million dollars is maybe why he is holding off for clarification. Not been funny but if we could have afforded that then surely we would have signed shankland by now at the lesser price given he is only 23 and scoring regular goals in this division- whereas because of the uncertainty over the compensation Coulliaby has not been able to play competitively for a year and a half?

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If the club has to pay the 1.2 million dollars is maybe why he is holding off for clarification. Not been funny but if we could have afforded that then surely we would have signed shankland by now at the lesser price given he is only 23 and scoring regular goals in this division- whereas because of the uncertainty over the compensation Coulliaby has not been able to play competitively for a year and a half?

There is no danger of us affording anything anywhere near what has been quoted. Perhaps we are waiting for clarification as you say. I was going by someone saying we were waiting to establish if he could fit into the squad. At Killie he got the ball and scored from everywhere, thats what we need, totally bypass the square baws and score goals

• Like 1

No chance Coulibaly will be signing for us. Evidently Souleymane is most grateful to PTFC for offering him training facilities and doesn't believe his current contractual situation is in the least way insurmountable. However I heard from a reliable source the principal reason he joined Kilmarnock was he was very impressed with the way Lee Clark waved his arms about. He simply feels that his talents would be wasted playing for a club that endorses a managerial arms folded policy.

You win some, lose some I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The boy has not played for a long while due to his contractual  arrangements with this Egyptian club. So Thistle offer the club a ;shop window deal. He plays well for the Jags, scores a few goals another club comes in and   pays the Egyptian club and Thistle gets commission on the fee . Sorted

club a fee 

6 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

The boy has not played for a long while due to his contractual  arrangements with this Egyptian club. So Thistle offer the club a ;shop window deal. He plays well for the Jags, scores a few goals another club comes in and   pays the Egyptian club and Thistle gets commission on the fee . Sorted

club a fee 

Shop window deal? Have we not got enough dummies already?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

We’ve been crying out for a striker for 4 seasons now, so if we can offer him a deal, we should. 

Suspect it won’t happen & he’ll be off somewhere like Dundee or Dingwall. 

Don’t think either of them could pay 1.2 million dollars- that can be the only reason why the lad has not had a club for a year and a half otherwise he would have been snapped up a long time ago

Is there an investment opportunity for someone like the Weirs ?

Do a deal with the Egyptian mob .... sign him on a 2 year deal where he scores a bucket load for us .... sell him after 1 year for more than it cost

There May be issues with 3rd party ownership, but if I had a spare $2m then I might be interested

23 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is there an investment opportunity for someone like the Weirs ?

Do a deal with the Egyptian mob .... sign him on a 2 year deal where he scores a bucket load for us .... sell him after 1 year for more than it cost

There May be issues with 3rd party ownership, but if I had a spare $2m then I might be interested

Nice idea, but would playing at our level increase his value? Sadly I fear not, regardless of how many he scores. 

Still, would like to see him sign.