Team rebuilding

Paukea

WOW!

That is simply stunning news. Absolutely delighted.

Well done to Archie and the board. I wonder if that's all we will be able to afford this window now, however, he's probably as good as two or three players anyway. Hope he can hit the heights of his Kilmarnock days.

• Like 1

Good signing on paper & not one I ever thought we would make.

We appear to be going down a slightly higher risk strategy with our signings; Storer & Mutombo, for whatever reason, have not really made it at other clubs & Coulibaly despite his good performances at Killie has disappeared off the radar since for a variety of reasons. Slater also hasn't done much in recent seasons but these are clearly players with talent & it's worth the risk assuming Archie has decided their attitude isn't in doubt, you can never have enough good footballers.

It's a strategy I'm all for, it should provide excitement but also expecting inconsistency & frustration at certain points in the season. On paper, I don't think we could say this seasons squad is any weaker than last seasons & given we're down a level this squad (potentially with 1 or 2 still to join it) should be more than capable of competing for the title.

GKs:

Bell/Lennox/Sneddon

DFs:

Keown/O'Ware/McGinty/Elliott/Penrice/Melbourne

MFs:

Gordon/Bannigan/Storer/Fitzpatrick/Erskine/Slater/McCarthy/Spittal

FWs:

Doolan/Mutombo/Storey/Coulibaly

We're still 2 players off the squad size Gerry & Archie said that we wanted. I think we now have enough strikers/wingers/attacking midfielders. Depending on Bannigan's fitness & the injuries to Gordon/McCarthy we may still require 1 more CDM, with cover at RB also required. Depending on the Keown situation, a defender that could cover CB/RB would be ideal, if Keown is staying then 1 more utility defender/midfielder would probably suffice.

Just had a swatch at some of the goals he scored as a Killie player.  Bloody hell, the goal he scored at Parkhead was incredible. Stepped inside Scott Brown then fired a 40 yarder into the top of the net.

At last a player with a goal scoring record!!!  We could have done with this guy the past couple of seasons!!

Don't want to put too much pressure on him but a wee 40 yarder at Tannadice on Saturday would be a decent start to his time at Thistle!!

Excellent news. The attacking side of the squad is not just looking good it's looking entertainingly good as well.

I'd be surprised if this is our last signing but I suspect from now on it'll be additions more to make up the numbers in key positions rather than key players. Still feel we need a solid defensive mid to give balance to the team. I Jl's last paragraph (a few posts back) kinda sums up my thoughts on the defensive side. Btw be keen to see Penrice in central midfield a third time. Thought he was our best player v Celtic. He still needs to pace himself for 90 mins but he could prove to be more than good enough for the division in that anchor role.

• Like 1

Excellent signing!!

With Penrice capable of playing CDM and LB, plus the possibility that Bannigan might get back at some point, surely the priority is RB/CB? Especially with the uncertainty about Keown. If Keown was to accept reduced terms then I think we'd almost be there.

On paper that’s a hell of a signing

On paper we have a fantastic attacking line up with goals aplenty.

Not been this excited since we announced Storey & Spittal. 

Archie appears to have been given most of the tools to do his job (Gain promotion) it’s in his hands now.

Hell of an excited over this player