Team rebuilding

Paukea

37 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Cracking bit of business (hopefully lives up to the hype).

Feel we need more cover across the back and a midfielder that will kick the shit out of a few people though.

I thought Storer looks like he could do that considering what he did to Scott Brown.

• Like 1

Some thoughts on  Coulibaly.   Like this signing.  You can't always be sure how things work out but there must be real potential there.  Surprised that as a striker he's only 5' 8", however what I've seen of him he looks like a strong boy.  Note one site described him as mainly a striker but can play on either wing.  Set me thinking we have Mutombo who can play on the wing or through the middle, Storey who can play wing or through the middle and now  Coulibaly who is a striker but can play on the wing.  With proper coaching we could have a group of guys (Dools and Erskine are quite versatile in their movement too) who could regularly switch positions during a game, all of them able to play centre forward, all of them play wide and create chances.  If they click together they could frighten some defences.

Oh yes, and there's quite a lot of pace available to the forward line now too.

Edited by Mr Bunny

What a difference a couple of weeks makes, eh? For me, McGinty and Slater have really come on the last few games and look to be excellent players. Big Tam, in my view, is a great signing, and has the potential to be a Jags legend. Storey is a different player from last season. Aiden is a revelation and Penners is looking really comfortable just in front of the defence. Andrea and Souleyman look cracking signings.  This is beginning to feel very much like an exciting side who might carve their names in the record books (cliche, cliche)

20 minutes ago, allyo said:

Not negative at all. Looks a good signing from what Ive heard. I'm optimistic, as I generally am whenever we sign a new player.

Allyo is always  positive, I like that. And we should all be optimistic about thIs season ahead of us!