Team rebuilding

Paukea

13 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I can't see us even get to January if we only bring in one.  Ntambwe is the only midfielder tall enough to move back but I've no knowledge of him ever playing in the back line.

Agreed. I now genuinely feel sorry for Archie. Even though I am a huge critic, he has a hell of a job on his hands now.

41 minutes ago, dibble said:

This news just confirms that the best we can hope for is mid table. Use the season to build for a promotion push next season bringing in some youngsters etc.  

Don't disagree but these stupid wee leagues can mean mid table is only a few points off the relegation play off spot. From a safety aspect I feel we'll have to target the top end play off. A sensible sized league and I'd be relaxed seeing us going thru the season never out of mid division. But in a daft wee ten club league you'll never sleep easy mid division.

• Like 2

Really is some roll call over recent times of long term crocks.  Has someone been toying with a Thistle Voodoo doll kit?

Dumbuya

Booth

Bannigan

Elliot

Fraser

Osman

O’Ware

No updates on McCarthy and Lennox either.

The sooner this signing is made the better.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/vacancy-partick-thistle-football-club-lead-physiotherapist/

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Very defeatist attitude from some. Whilst it is a blow, it is only one player, albeit an important player. But that doesn't write off our season.

Hope he gets better soon.

Not sure if it’s defeatist or being a realist just now, I’ve watched the last 3 league games and apart from the first half against Falkirk we’ve been absolutely shocking , our best players Erskine and Doolan are off form , no team shape and the players look bereft of confidence 

I can’t remember Dools having such a lean spell in front of goal in the 10 years he’s been at Firhill, usually a goal every 3 games , don’t think he’s scored now for 8/9 games 

Hopefully we can turn it around 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure if it’s defeatist or being a realist just now, I’ve watched the last 3 league games and apart from the first half against Falkirk we’ve been absolutely shocking , our best players Erskine and Doolan are off form , no team shape and the players look bereft of confidence 

I can’t remember Dools having such a lean spell in front of goal in the 10 years he’s been at Firhill, usually a goal every 3 games , don’t think he’s scored now for 8/9 games 

Hopefully we can turn it around 

Maybe his new role as a coach is having an adverse effect on his game ?

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

It took Forfar 3 months to recognise what took us 3 years. How he was allowed to hang around Firhill for so long is just one of many contractual scandals driven by the current management.

Many? Off the top of my head Welsh,Bannigan ( unless he magically stops breaking down every two seconds) , Fraser and Nesbit and at a push Elliott and where or are here overdue a lot of his signings have been bad but not contracts.