Team rebuilding

Paukea

15 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I was a mean , tough tackling right back in my amateur days. 

ok big boy

get the sellotape, duck tape anything you can lay your hands on

get it wrapped tight, real tight round that belly

report to firhill tomorrow you are in the team

ps remember your zimmer and your inhaler :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

ok big boy

get the sellotape, duck tape anything you can lay your hands on

get it wrapped tight, real tight round that belly

report to firhill tomorrow you are in the team

ps remember your zimmer and your inhaler :thumbsup:

No need for my Zimmer. Definitely need my inhaler though. Lol

8 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

so that's it

the last big moment

this is the pool of players that will have us fighting for promotion to the premier league

mid table at best this year if we are lucky

and no i'm not being pessimistic just being realistic

however onwards and upwards

we are thistle :thumbsup2:

Start of the season I said we would attain 6th. I'd be relieved to get 8th.

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ayr fans on P&B saying we had a bid for Shankland rejected. Some saying it matched the bid made by Fylde, which was 150k. I'd be astonished if we offered that kind of money.

Makes no sense why offer them the same as a bid they have already turned down- I would have thought would have been better to offer an extra £30 grand on top

A fit Quitongo could be a great player for us, but again another player with fitness doubts.

My concern is the team is pretty unbalanced both in experience, recent play time and positional

3 goalkeepers which is good

1 RB - only Elliot, No cover

2 LB both very young

3 CB (Now Tam OWare is out) 1 is a kid and on loan, we will get suspensions in this area

DM - Bannigan & Brice aren’t fit and between them have barely played a handful of games in last 2 seasons

MF- Loads in here especially attacking options

CF - Doolan, we have no cover here

We have several players who have barely played in last year, or were too young to have broken through at there teams.

With the history of injuries and lack of any 1st team game time from majority of squad, Archie’s taking a huge gamble

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ayr fans on P&B saying we had a bid for Shankland rejected. Some saying it matched the bid made by Fylde, which was 150k. I'd be astonished if we offered that kind of money.

I would find this staggering if true. Can’t see us splashing that sort of cash. Would also be pointless offering a sum that’s already been rejected. 

If that sort of money was available I think we would have had another defender before now. 

27 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

A fit Quitongo could be a great player for us, but again another player with fitness doubts.

My concern is the team is pretty unbalanced both in experience, recent play time and positional

3 goalkeepers which is good

1 RB - only Elliot, No cover

2 LB both very young

3 CB (Now Tam OWare is out) 1 is a kid and on loan, we will get suspensions in this area

DM - Bannigan & Brice aren’t fit and between them have barely played a handful of games in last 2 seasons

MF- Loads in here especially attacking options

CF - Doolan, we have no cover here

We have several players who have barely played in last year, or were too young to have broken through at there teams.

With the history of injuries and lack of any 1st team game time from majority of squad, Archie’s taking a huge gamble

I agree with most of what you say, but I think we do have CF alternatives in the shape of Storey, Quitongo and Mutombo

I didnt know it was Archies remit to sign players for the wheelchair team.

Is Jai fit an ready to go?

Even Archie must be looking at this pool of players and be wondering what the **** have I done here. Its as if he has been diverted down a one way road and desperately just adding players in the hope that somehow something is going to happen. With the players we have you would think we would try and keep the ball away from our third, forget trying to defend and just out score the other team. We do the opposite and have two sitting players and create hee haw. I dont know what to is going to happen tomorrow but I expect to see a few goals