Team rebuilding

Paukea

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is there an investment opportunity for someone like the Weirs ?

Do a deal with the Egyptian mob .... sign him on a 2 year deal where he scores a bucket load for us .... sell him after 1 year for more than it cost

There May be issues with 3rd party ownership, but if I had a spare $2m then I might be interested

I assume this was tongue in cheek?

if not - We got £450k for a young defender, with bags of potential, the right build for the English leagues,could contribute goals and who made the SPL team of the year. 

There is absolutely zero prospect of anyone paying us more than a £200-300k for a striker in the championship. I’m not sure what shankland will end up going for but I’d be amazed if it’s more than this. 

To suggest you’d make profit on an investment of $2m is wild. 

4 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Where has it been said we got 450k for Liam?

Pretty sure that’s what I remember hearing quoted at the time.

Will bow to your superior knowledge though if I’m wrong. How much was it?

Liam was also quoted in the record as saying it was £350k. 

56 minutes ago, mad-jag said:

Pretty sure that’s what I remember hearing quoted at the time.

Will bow to your superior knowledge though if I’m wrong. How much was it?

Liam was also quoted in the record as saying it was £350k. 

It's never been confirmed how much it was. Any value suggested is just a guess. 

30 minutes ago, potty trained said:

It's never been confirmed how much it was. Any value suggested is just a guess. 

Maybe so, but that is the case for virtually every transfer. Not sure how many clubs come out and explicitly says we got this much. I’m not sure what your point is? Should we just not mention transfer fees?

in the absence of a clear statement I wil go with the amount Lindsay is quoted as saying of £350k. 

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is there an investment opportunity for someone like the Weirs ?

Do a deal with the Egyptian mob .... sign him on a 2 year deal where he scores a bucket load for us .... sell him after 1 year for more than it cost

There May be issues with 3rd party ownership, but if I had a spare $2m then I might be interested

I've got some magic beans I'll sell you. 10% return hand on heart.

20 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Whilst Archie are is scratching his head trying to figure out if he could 'fit in' he could end up watching him disappear over the horizon. It seems incredible if we were able to offer him a deal but waited to see him, given he has signed azeez, mukendi, pogba etc off a dvd. It would be certainly worth the wait if the club pulled it off.

Never miss an opportunity to take a pop at Archie !

20 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Whilst Archie are is scratching his head trying to figure out if he could 'fit in' he could end up watching him disappear over the horizon. It seems incredible if we were able to offer him a deal but waited to see him, given he has signed azeez, mukendi, pogba etc off a dvd. It would be certainly worth the wait if the club pulled it off.

34 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I read it the first time? :lol:

I take it back, how can you scratch your head with your arms glued together.

Did you bother reading the post i was referring to or did you just see Archies name and get suddenly offended

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

I read it the first time? :lol:

I take it back, how can you scratch your head with your arms glued together.

Did you bother reading the post i was referring to or did you just see Archies name and get suddenly offended

Yup .  I read it and even in this post you are having a pop at him.  I am not offended when you mention Archie - just at your incessant negativity.

we need a target man someone that can hold the ball and support doolan    btw been saying this for the past 3 seasons

we need a right back, elliott aint cutting it

going for an under 20s midfield hearts player (if this is the case) is not whats required 

as i have said we need at least 2 or 3 experienced pros to compete for promotion

hopefully we are not going for the cheap option

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Heard we have Alex Petkov currently training with us - he’s with the Hearts under 20s - I think he plays in midfield 

Not unrelated perhaps but we're due to play a reserve game v Hibs tomorrow. Fair to assume those who took part in the game yesterday won't play with maybe the exception of Aiden F. 

Struggling to see how we can put out a starting XI without drafting in a good few Academy lads. We've Sneddon, Keown & Wilson from yesterday's bench plus three other youngsters from the reserve squad. The rest are either injured or don't exist. 

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not unrelated perhaps but we're due to play a reserve game v Hibs tomorrow. Fair to assume those who took part in the game yesterday won't play with maybe the exception of Aiden F. 

Struggling to see how we can put out a starting XI without drafting in a good few Academy lads. We've Sneddon, Keown & Wilson from yesterday's bench plus three other youngsters from the reserve squad. The rest are either injured or don't exist. 

How does it go with playing acadamy boys on a Monday afternoon?

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Heard we have Alex Petkov currently training with us - he’s with the Hearts under 20s - I think he plays in midfield 

Apparently the management team at Hearts have been playing him at centre half - he replaced Soutar in his first appearance. At 6'2 he's certainly got the height. Maybe he's the backup centre half we need.

3 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Apparently the management team at Hearts have been playing him at centre half - he replaced Soutar in his first appearance. At 6'2 he's certainly got the height. Maybe he's the backup centre half we need.

i hear what you say

however we need players that have done it, got the tea shirt etc

if our ambition is to win this league then we have got to go for players that have  the  experience of playing in this league and the balls to get us into the premier league

we have enough young lads knocking at the door for first team places what we need is experienced pros to get us over the line :thumbsup2:

54 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

i hear what you say

however we need players that have done it, got the tea shirt etc

if our ambition is to win this league then we have got to go for players that have  the  experience of playing in this league and the balls to get us into the premier league

we have enough young lads knocking at the door for first team places what we need is experienced pros to get us over the line :thumbsup2:

Ran out of likes .