Jump to content

Paukea

Team rebuilding

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I would expect some youngsters on loan from Premiership teams.

I've lost track of lower league players unfortunately.  Willo Flood could do a job.

I would take back old players as we know what they can do and they are winners.

Paul Paton

Sean Welsh

Aaron Taylor Sinclair

Conrad Baatoni

Are you having a laugh?

Balatoni's last job was to play centre back for Torquay United who were relegated to the NEXT level of non league football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Board of directors need to match their statement of intent when signing players , if  we want instant promotion, need to give Archie a substantial budget to bring in quality players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paolo said:

The Board of directors need to match their statement of intent when signing players , if  we want instant promotion, need to give Archie a substantial budget to bring in quality players

Splashing the cash isn't a guarantee - last time it worked was for Gretna I think, even the Rangers struggled in that league. 

Board would be wiser drawing up a 2/3 year plan of continuing stability whilst investing in a mix of youth / experience. Going all in for promotion is a huge gamble and likely to fail. 

We all want to be competing at the top level, but not at any cost - and if I'm honest I'm looking forward to next season more than the last 3 in the 'top flight' - it was getting rather tedious (not that I wanted relegation, just slightly refreshing to be playing more teams with more chance of a thrilling game).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Splashing the cash isn't a guarantee - last time it worked was for Gretna I think, even the Rangers struggled in that league. 

Board would be wiser drawing up a 2/3 year plan of continuing stability whilst investing in a mix of youth / experience. Going all in for promotion is a huge gamble and likely to fail. 

We all want to be competing at the top level, but not at any cost - and if I'm honest I'm looking forward to next season more than the last 3 in the 'top flight' - it was getting rather tedious (not that I wanted relegation, just slightly refreshing to be playing more teams with more chance of a thrilling game).

Couldn’t agree more. Did I want to be relegated? Obviously not but I think the championship will be far more enjoyable than the prem. I’ve always thought being a Motherwell or Killie fan must be really boring. Same grounds year after year after year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, p12tfc said:

Couldn’t agree more. Did I want to be relegated? Obviously not but I think the championship will be far more enjoyable than the prem. I’ve always thought being a Motherwell or Killie fan must be really boring. Same grounds year after year after year

That's true but the Championship with only nine grounds to visit and the strong likelihood of playing half the other clubs at least five times is monotony personified. We know we're already playing two clubs five times minimum before a ball has been kicked. Such are the play offs we also know that there will be two fixtures where clubs will be playing the opposition six times (minimum).

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paolo said:

The Board of directors need to match their statement of intent when signing players , if  we want instant promotion, need to give Archie a substantial budget to bring in quality players

Fans need to buy season tickets then as the board do not have the personal wealth to throw away on football players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's true but the Championship with only nine grounds to visit and the strong likelihood of playing half the other clubs at least five times is monotony personified. We know we're already playing two clubs five times minimum before a ball has been kicked. Such are the play offs we also know that there will be two fixtures where clubs will be playing the opposition six times (minimum).

Yeah but what im getting at is its likely within the next say 5-10 years we could have gone up a division then down again etc... The treams i mentioned Motherwell and Killie have been in that league for what seems like forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we're talking about splashing the cash to the levels of Gretna or the Rangers.  A bit more like, not drastic cuts. 

 

I hope this means we're in a good place to compete next season.  If we're signing off suggestions here and end up with a midfield of Ross Draper, Willo Flood and Paul Paton though..... :frantic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paulo said:

I don't think we're talking about splashing the cash to the levels of Gretna or the Rangers.  A bit more like, not drastic cuts. 

 

I hope this means we're in a good place to compete next season.  If we're signing off suggestions here and end up with a midfield of Ross Draper, Willo Flood and Paul Paton though..... :frantic:

Competing / having something to play for at the end of the season would do me just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Fans need to buy season tickets then as the board do not have the personal wealth to throw away on football players.

Speaking of which, is there any indication of next season ticket costs being revealed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulo said:

I don't think we're talking about splashing the cash to the levels of Gretna or the Rangers.  A bit more like, not drastic cuts. 

The spending thingy is so relative. I won't be out on a limb if I say County will have the biggest budget. A lot depends if one or two other clubs want to spend more cash than sensible trying to, if not exactly match, compete with them. Do we spend a bit more or stick to our guns? I've not got a clue about how we'll react to what's a not unlikely scenario. I would suggest no one on here will have a clue either. There's no way therefore, unless our Club is going gung ho on the spending front, to know what should be deemed a successful season. We'll only know that to a degree after 31st August and for certain, given we're talking County here, till after the Jan window has shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Can Maxi not push through reconstruction to an 18 team Premier League over the summer?!?

And guarantee monotony every season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The spending thingy is so relative. I won't be out on a limb if I say County will have the biggest budget. A lot depends if one or two other clubs want to spend more cash than sensible trying to, if not exactly match, compete with them. Do we spend a bit more or stick to our guns? I've not got a clue about how we'll react to what's a not unlikely scenario. I would suggest no one on here will have a clue either. There's no way therefore, unless our Club is going gung ho on the spending front, to know what should be deemed a successful season. We'll only know that to a degree after 31st August and for certain, given we're talking County here, till after the Jan window has shut.

Apart from beating us 4-0 don't think the County co managers won another game. It will be interesting to see how long they last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, p12tfc said:

 I've always thought being a Motherwell or Killie fan must be really boring. Same grounds year after year after year

Aye fair point : two cup finals in six months - total tedium.

Edited by One t in Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevin energy said:

When was the last time you heard the EPL or anytime being called monotonous and the media and players etc going on about meaningless games ?

 

Excellent point. An eighteen-team league, higher placings lead to higher prize money, and bottom four involved in play-offs..... every game as important as they are in today's small, absurd, split-dominated diddy league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The spending thingy is so relative. I won't be out on a limb if I say County will have the biggest budget. A lot depends if one or two other clubs want to spend more cash than sensible trying to, if not exactly match, compete with them. Do we spend a bit more or stick to our guns? I've not got a clue about how we'll react to what's a not unlikely scenario. I would suggest no one on here will have a clue either. There's no way therefore, unless our Club is going gung ho on the spending front, to know what should be deemed a successful season. We'll only know that to a degree after 31st August and for certain, given we're talking County here, till after the Jan window has shut.

Very true.  We're talking about having a decent budget for this level, but I guess we need to take into account our targets.  Who wants to come play for us in the championship, and if we're looking for someone who might stand out at this level, how much over the odds do we need to offer to convince them when the likes of Hamilton, Livi, St Mirren will no doubt be in for a similar level of player?  Even with a budget, we're a difficult sell now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paulo said:

 Who wants to come play for us in the championship, and if we're looking for someone who might stand out at this level, how much over the odds do we need to offer to convince them when the likes of Hamilton, Livi, St Mirren will no doubt be in for a similar level of player?  Even with a budget, we're a difficult sell now.

So the same as last time we were in the second tier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, potty trained said:

So the same as last time we were in the second tier?

It took us 10 seasons to get out of the second tier the last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×