Team rebuilding

Paukea

24 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

So currently we need

Goal keeper

Centre Defender

Left Back (Penrice is still young)

1 center midfielders (Banzo only contracted till August)

left winger

Right Winger

Thats 7 players plus subs and cover needed, current 1st team looks like this

GK?

Elliot.          CB?       O’Ware       LB?

CM?          McCarthy

RW?             Erskine.             LW?

Doolan 

No Spittal? As he is staying 

Time to face facts and acknowledge that Doolan and Erskine will be nowhere close to playing every game this coming season.

If we can shift the transfer listed players we will have plenty of space in the playing budget to rebuild the squad.

Alexander and Halkett would be positive additions, imo.

So we need a Gk, LB, 2 CBs, 2 CMs, 2 attacking wide players and a centre forward minimum.

Alexander

Halkett 

Paton or even Chris Millar

Gavin Reilly

to kick us off. I wonder if it would be worth at getting someone like Gordon Greer at KFC on board?

Not sure if we'd have a chance of Calvin Miller on loan from Celtic to fill the left back role?

Interesting times!

28 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Forgot about Spittal, but would he play through middle or wide, I’m not sure

He was signed to play wide after getting shifted around a bit at Tannadice. I think tho' he could play a sort of "Ross Forbes" type role but we'd require nippy players around him to compensate for his lack of pace.  

Hearts are doing some strange business this summer.  

I don't see why Penrice can't be a starter.  Played half a season for Livi and bossed it.  I would hope to see him and McCarthy get a chance to stake their claim as first picks this season.

Jagfox is right about Dools and Erskine.  We can't rely on their fitness so the quality of backup/competition in those areas becomes very important.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Looks like Edwards is off to Hearts

are we really after Frans ?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2743317/dundee-united-partick-thistle-ross-county-hunt-fred-frans/amp/?__twitter_impression=true it must be true, The Sun reported it! if he’s happy to come back then he must return to Maryhill, Dungdee and Dungwall are shit3holes!

Edited by jags on tour

Alexander and Halkett would be excellent but will they really drop a division? 

As people are saying above both Penrice and McCarthy will be looked upon as first picks this year. Hopefully both can kick on from last season. 

Frans would be great in the championship but is best next to a more mobile center back. 

1 hour ago, jags on tour said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2743317/dundee-united-partick-thistle-ross-county-hunt-fred-frans/amp/?__twitter_impression=true it must be true, The Sun reported it! if he’s happy to come back then he must return to Maryhill, Dungdee and Dungwall are shit3holes!

Edwards now official on a two  deal 

18 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Frans would be great in the championship but is best next to a more mobile center back. 

Good point as I don't believe mobility is one of O'Ware's strengths. Slow distribution rather than real mobility problems was Frans's most glaring weakness but I wouldn't mind seeing him back. Would suggest if he signs for either United or County we either weren't in the hunt for him or didn't value him highly rather than being simply outbid. He was very happy in Glasgow and certainly has a strong affinity for the Club. Don't see him joining either of those clubs on the back of a marginally better wage.

20 hours ago, jagfox said:

Time to face facts and acknowledge that Doolan and Erskine will be nowhere close to playing every game this coming season.

If we can shift the transfer listed players we will have plenty of space in the playing budget to rebuild the squad.

Alexander and Halkett would be positive additions, imo.

So we need a Gk, LB, 2 CBs, 2 CMs, 2 attacking wide players and a centre forward minimum.

Alexander

Halkett 

Paton or even Chris Millar

Gavin Reilly

to kick us off. I wonder if it would be worth at getting someone like Gordon Greer at KFC on board?

Not sure if we'd have a chance of Calvin Miller on loan from Celtic to fill the left back role?

Interesting times!

Danny Devine signs for the pars on a 2 year deal 

11 hours ago, Paulo said:

Hearts are doing some strange business this summer.  

I don't see why Penrice can't be a starter.  Played half a season for Livi and bossed it.  I would hope to see him and McCarthy get a chance to stake their claim as first picks this season.

Jagfox is right about Dools and Erskine.  We can't rely on their fitness so the quality of backup/competition in those areas becomes very important.

Penrice played half a season in midfield for Livi, pairing him and McCarthy as our 2 center midfielders is way to risky as they have less than 30 first team games between them

12 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Penrice played half a season in midfield for Livi, pairing him and McCarthy as our 2 center midfielders is way to risky as they have less than 30 first team games between them

If they're good enough......no?  That sort of thinking left McCarthy on the bench for far too long last season while we had the revolving doors of experience in Barton and Edwards in there.

• Like 3