Gerry Britton

He also has a working knowledge of the club, a strong background in law, a range of contacts within the football world and if his memory is decent how difficult it is to get Thistle back into the top league at the first time of asking.

Good Luck Gerry

Some will say it's jobs for the boys. Think I'd be joining them if it wasn't for  Gerry fitting the bill on a number of fronts. Experience of playing, team and academy management plus a legal mind, albeit in a different branch of the law, just some of his attributes. I feel that trumps bringing in an exec from outside of Football tho' I do appreciate the argument re employing fresh objective minds.

As said we couldn't really be doing without a replacement for Maxie for very long. Given his considerable knowledge of the workings of the Club, unlike an outside appointment, Gerry should be able to hit the ground running. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I have no idea if Gerry Briton is a good appintment or not, since I don't know anything about the job requirements or Britton's ability to meet them.  I hope it works out really well for both parties.

I have a slight unease however that perhaps the Club has, to some extent, succumbed to sentiment as I think it has done with Alan Archibald; better the devil you know than one you don't.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:07 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Some will say it's jobs for the boys. Think I'd be joining them if it wasn't for  Gerry fitting the bill on a number of fronts. Experience of playing, team and academy management plus a legal mind, albeit in a different branch of the law, just some of his attributes...

Oh I don't know - some of the play in the last season was criminal. :D