Cerny

javeajag

WE won our only major trophy in nearly 50 years playing a 20year old  goalkeeper why dont we give Sneddon a chance  .  If he does not play how is he going to get experience    .I dont recall us having a goalkeeping coach with Kenny Arthurs  years of experience  in 1971 to advise him.................

• Like 1

Losing so many goals in the last five minutes of games then you must look to the keeper. couldn't command the box and couldn't organise the defence. as soon as the ball comes into the box the keepers got to take control. nice wee man and we've had a lot worse than Tam. good luck son but I think Thistle was your high tide mark.............

• Like 3

Gigi Buffon couldn't organise a defence with Danny Devine in it. 

Yet more revisionism here - even during this supposedly terrible final season with us, Cerny was statistically the 3rd best goalkeeper in the league (https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/5/31/season-review-goalkeepers ) - incidentally also shows how poor Scully was at Premiership level. 

• Like 7

Cerny was a good keeper. Some great saves, but agree he wasn't keen on coming for crosses / collecting corners etc.

Experienced keeper important but I'd like to see us favouring the youth if possible. If Sneddon is good, give him a chance. Better business sense for the club too - if he performs, could bring in some cash. If he doesn't, use an experienced guy as back up. 

Anyway, good luck to Cerny (unless he ends up at DU or somewhere equally ghastly).

• Like 1

Talking of Gaston, I emailed the club a good few years back about him. He was playing as a trialist for Albion rovers in what was at the time an annual friendly against Celtic. I had previously seen him at baillieston 21s. He put in the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper. I never heard back from them. Not even a thank you but no thanks. I'd take a kinda perverse pleasure if he signed for us.

Edited by flynnthistle
Checked dates out.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:58 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Talking of Gaston I mind maybe 6 or 7 years ago the East Kilbride paper (I think) reported he was leaving Albion Rovers and signing for us. 

9 hours ago, flynnthistle said:

Talking of Gaston, I emailed the club a good few years back about him. He was playing as a trialist for Albion rovers in what was at the time an annual friendly against Celtic. I had previously seen him at baillieston 21s. He put in the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper. I never heard back from them. Not even a thank you but no thanks. I'd take a kinda perverse pleasure if he signed for us.

Coincidence?