Freddie Frans

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

Fair to say that the coming season isn't exactly being looked forward to with breathless anticipation. A management team that should have been binned and barely a five a side team to put on the park.

Well there’s optimism for you!

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

Fair to say that the coming season isn't exactly being looked forward to with breathless anticipation. A management team that should have been binned and barely a five a side team to put on the park.

On the bright side, we are all just hurtling towards our eventual deaths and everything is futile. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sandy said:

It’s not Wilo, it’s a flood of biblical proportions as the doom-mongers already predict we will have a shite season in the Championship.

Nae doubt the earth will be hit by an asteroid strike when we play Falkirk.

Will we get a refund on our season ticket for the games that will be cancelled when this happens?

Can’t believe the love in from Frans. Some people seem to forget the bombscare he was and even Danny Devine would be embarrassed by his mistakes. He is a good guy and he played to the fans professionally but let’s not get carried away, he’s nothing special even in the Championship.

will be happier with a younger hungrier player... Halcket or otherwise.

As for tears for Booth...give me strength. Obviously missed last season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Go on, I'll bite.

When exactly were Frans or Booth ever 'bombscares' while playing for Thistle'???

Frans was good. I am not too fussed with not getting him. Booth was good as a wing back, as a defender he could be slack. I liked booth. Rather have kept him, but if Archie plays Penrice there then I am fine with that. As regards player recruitment, yes, It seems as if our rivals are streets ahead of us and that we have only signed two is frustrating. I think the three players we want off the books are making it difficult 'e budgets. I think come 1st July we will see a fair bit of movement.

8 hours ago, sandy said:

It’s not Wilo, it’s a flood of biblical proportions as the doom-mongers already predict we will have a shite season in the Championship.

Nae doubt the earth will be hit by an asteroid strike when we play Falkirk.

We had a shite season in the Premiership without the earth being obliterated so I'm not 100% sure the two events are connected. 

However to continue with your astronomical theme there's more chance of a tartan moon tonight than PTFC getting promoted.

Regarding Booth, he constantly got skinned which led to rash tackles in and outside the box. He was OK going forward though but surely we can find better, thats if Archie still doesn't trust Penrice.

Frans would have been a good signing but to put ourselves in trouble financially to do it, no thanks. If we could find another young CB to compliment Tam, that could be our solid base for a few years

52 minutes ago, Charlie Endell said:

Realism. 

48 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Careful Charlie - not sure that's ever been allowed around these parts.

Don't worry folks. We will be fine when the injured players come back. Or when Archie completes his customary 31st of August bargain bin signings. 

Not really as my question was directed to Yellow & Redneck, whose wording in my mind appears to highlight a correlation between not signing Frans (without any knowledge of the cost) and us being behind clubs our size.  So should we have outbid United for Frans and perhaps saved money on the number or quality of subsequent signings?  And before I provoke a Rumsfeldish response that question is rhetoric. :) 

13 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not really as my question was directed to Yellow & Redneck, whose wording in my mind appears to highlight a correlation between not signing Frans (without any knowledge of the cost) and us being behind clubs our size.  So should we have outbid United for Frans and perhaps saved money on the number or quality of subsequent signings?  And before I provoke a Rumsfeldish response that question is rhetoric. :) 

I know what you mean.

It's immaterial now, but I've often wondered if we were in for both Sammon and Storey last August - hoping to get one, and ending up with both, when we only wanted one of them!!

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So, have we done something wrong by not outbidding United? 

No. But on the surface I find it strange that of all the clubs in the Championship, we have probably the biggest rebuild job, and have yet made the least number of new additions. Adding to this is the frustration of Archie once again coming out and saying "we are behind everyone else in terms of preparation."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Regarding Booth, he constantly got skinned which led to rash tackles in and outside the box. He was OK going forward though but surely we can find better, thats if Archie still doesn't trust Penrice.

Frans would have been a good signing but to put ourselves in trouble financially to do it, no thanks. If we could find another young CB to compliment Tam, that could be our solid base for a few years

Why this persistence in talking about Penrice as a left back.  He is a central midfielder who can play at left back, much like Banzo. We need a dedicated left back.

• Like 1