New Signing - Sean Mcginty

Monifieth_Jag

Welcome to Firhill, Sean. Wishing you a happy and successful 2 years.

I do like an interview with an articulate, no bullsh1t footballer. Quite cheered me up.

So, things are moving in the right direction; new player, black shorts. Let's all calm down, trust in Archie #2 and get right behind Tunisia.

• Like 2

I suppose the likes of Seaborne, Keown, Osman, Edwards, Barton, Turnbull and Cargill had similar careers before coming to us and we got a decent season or two out of most of them and half a season from Turnbull. I know there’s been a few puddins in amongst them but defensively the signings have been no bad. Even Devine was ok the first year we had him!

While I agree that Balatoni was never the answer, its funny that he was playing in the same team as our new addition. Im sure conrad was getting pelters on another thread for relegating said team, yet this guy, who nobody has yet seen is being lauded as the next Maldini because he signed for us.

Just an interesting observation. For the time being im on the Maldini bandwagon. Lets hope we now have the long term foundation built at the back and now concentrate on bringing in some flair and goals to this team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.acast.com/torquayyellowarmypodcast/torquayunitedyellowarmypodcast21.06.2018-fromparticktoparkwayinonefellswoop

Actually found this podcast thingy quite interesting. I think tho' only the first part up to 7.18min is relevant.

One thing of concern is the view that Sean would greatly benefit from the mentoring of an experienced centreback partner. The same thing is said of O'Ware.  Then again two centrebacks both starting their Jags careers at the same time may more than compensate.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

45 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

https://www.acast.com/torquayyellowarmypodcast/torquayunitedyellowarmypodcast21.06.2018-fromparticktoparkwayinonefellswoop

Actually found this podcast thingy quite interesting. I think tho' only the first part up to 7.18min is relevant.

One thing of concern is the view that Sean would greatly benefit from the mentoring of an experienced centreback partner. The same thing is said of O'Ware.  Then again two centrebacks both starting their Jags careers at the same time may more than compensate.

Thanks LIB as you say that's an interesting listen