David Beattie stands down

jagfox

On 19/06/2018 at 4:51 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

It is an interesting development as it means that the Weirs now control both the finances and the board. Whether that is a good thing or not we shall see over time.

2 points incorrect above.

Weirs fund the Academy which is run separate from the club.  If they were hypothetically to pull funding it would not impact club or first team.

Weirs are funding the training facility then Thistle pay rent.  Benefits are they have centralised facilities, can impact facilities available and have facility available 24 hours for extra training and coaching sessions.

The shares the Weirs received when they cleared the debt went to the fans trust so they owe 0% of the club.

My understanding is Jaqui Low is on the board of "3 Black Cats" with several others to help guide and administer how the euromillions is spent.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

...and that's all you can ask of anyone running the Club. In all the years he's been at the helm I can only think of a couple of instances where David Beattie could be deemed to have been at odds with the rank and file. Even then  you couldn't fault his commercial judgement. Be a hard act to follow.

Time will tell, but there may be a very different take on Beattie's legacy by the time the coming season ends - that the board under his chairmanship should have been prepared to change the management when the team lost to a manager-less team, and again following defeat to a team from the Championship.

2 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Time will tell, but there may be a very different take on Beattie's legacy by the time the coming season ends - that the board under his chairmanship should have been prepared to change the management when the team lost to a manager-less team, and again following defeat to a team from the Championship.

That’s too short-sighted an analysis IMO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fearchar said:

At least you've moved on.

5 hours ago, potty trained said:

At least you've moved on.

I'm not sure what you mean, but in any case my movement or lack of it isn't influential. At the moment there's nothing to indicate that the declared aim of promotion in one season is attainable, and that could reasonably be seen as due to the board's poor decision making; in principle, the person in the chair takes the rap. Beattie's legacy is at best mixed.

9 hours ago, Fearchar said:

I'm not sure what you mean, but in any case my movement or lack of it isn't influential. At the moment there's nothing to indicate that the declared aim of promotion in one season is attainable, and that could reasonably be seen as due to the board's poor decision making; in principle, the person in the chair takes the rap. Beattie's legacy is at best mixed.

This feeks of archie out. When you consider all the achievements under Beattie and the general health of the club he's been an excellent chair. We are one of the beat run clubs off the field in the country. If you had been around under miller reid you'd know where i'm coming from, then again perhaps you were and were one of those shouting for bertie aulds head.

You are obviously factoring in relegation and your belief that if the board removed and replaced archie we might have stayed up. We will never know. I'm middle ground on archie. A fence sitter. But we need to accept it and support the club. It might be an idea to consider Beatties performance without the archie out glasses. Just a thought.