Email from club... Understand, but disappointed...

Dear Supporter, 

You are receiving this email because you either have a currently active JagZone World subscription or a JagZone World subscription which is on hold.

With no broadcast deal in place for the Ladbrokes Championship, the Club has had to take the decision not to continue the home game live streaming for the current 82 JagZone World subscribers. The Club has carried out a comprehensive investigation in to the financial cost and technical logistics of developing our own infrastructure to continue the service but the investment required is simply not justifiable at this time.What made the streaming service viable in previous seasons was the fact the JagZone team could take a feed direct from the host broadcasters who were filming in the Firhill gantry.

Over the course of the next 48 hours your JagZone World account will be automatically switched over to a standard JagZone subscription, which will remain active for the rest of your subscription term. You don’t need to do anything to facilitate this, we will carry this out for you. We will also cancel your JagZone World account so that no future payment will be taken by the Club from your bank account. 

At the end of your subscription term your JagZone subscription will automatically expire. If you wish to continue to access JagZone content then all you need to do is re-enter your payment details and a recurring subscription to the JagZone service will begin. If you don’t wish to continue to access JagZone content, then you don’t need to do anything. Your account will automatically expire. 

A JagZone subscription will be the only place to see extended highlights, full match replays and reaction from all of Thistle’s Ladbrokes Championship fixtures for the 2018/19 season. 

As with everything the Club does, this decision will be revisited next season and our options will be reviewed again with a view to reinstating the live stream for future seasons.

Thanks for your support of JagZone. If you have any enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards, 

2 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Can't argue with that. 

800+ members on the Nomads facebook group. But only 82 Nomads use the facility? 

There was a time when the Nomads wanted everything the club could throw at them. An endless goldmine of Jags abroad, ready to part with their cash...

And less than 100 did. 

If you haven't already done so, might be worth posting that on the FB page you mentioned?

Maybe many of the non-subscribers might sign up.

6 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Can't argue with that. 

There was a time when the Nomads wanted everything the club could throw at them. An endless goldmine of Jags abroad, ready to part with their cash...

And less than 100 did. 

Harsh comment PT.

Nomads, like many many Jags at home, may have priorities in life which do not allow them to be available to watch games. Not to mention living in time-zones which aren't ideal for that purpose anyway..

I’m subscribed so one of the 82 but there must also be those that are not subscribed that still pay on a game by game basis. 

People on Nomad Facebook page don’t have to live overseas but you do have to live outside of UK to get livestreams on Jagzone. 

Instead of back biting, who has a positive input that will keep overseas fans engaged?

The cost of a Jagzone subscription is around  half the cost of a season ticket over the course of a year. What initiative do you have that will sell another 41 seasons tickets?  Without live games, how many of those subscribers will stop paying £156 per year. That’s nearly £13,000 per annum currently taken in from a brand new, experimental  and temperamental service.  

Only a handful of posters “cried out” for it really but in a short space of time 82 signed up to paying monthly and some of them have season tickets as well.  

10 hours ago, potty trained said:

Can't argue with that. 

And less than 100 did. 

Stupid post.

5 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

I’m subscribed so one of the 82 but there must also be those that are not subscribed that still pay on a game by game basis. 

People on Nomad Facebook page don’t have to live overseas but you do have to live outside of UK to get livestreams on Jagzone. 

Instead of back biting, who has a positive input that will keep overseas fans engaged?

The cost of a Jagzone subscription is around  half the cost of a season ticket over the course of a year. What initiative do you have that will sell another 41 seasons tickets?  Without live games, how many of those subscribers will stop paying £156 per year. That’s nearly £13,000 per annum currently taken in from a brand new, experimental  and temperamental service.  

Only a handful of posters “cried out” for it really but in a short space of time 82 signed up to paying monthly and some of them have season tickets as well.  

I get you're upset and probably wrote that in the heat of the moment. But it is filled with inaccuracies from start to finish.

6 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

Do you think the club has done the maths on it, ascertained they make a profit off it/that a future profit is realistic, then decided to end it anyway? Unlikely. 

I'm sad to see it go, but I understand the logic. I think with the numbers it might be possible they make a small profit but the money can probably be better invested elsewhere. The club will have done the maths so there is no point in arguing 

I get the point about pay per view viewers, but the club can't budget based on this.

Feel sorry for the 82 who I'm sure will miss the service.

Think tho' you can widen PT's comments. Disappointing uptakes have been prevalent throughout the Jags community. Very little to do with playing style or results, as they were no better when things were hunky dory. We often compare ourselves in size with clubs like Dunfermline, St Mirren, Falkirk, three clubs that until this season coming have been operating in a lower league. I wonder if our home attendances and ST sales have even matched those clubs despite us playing at a higher level.  I  very much doubt it. So even if 82 subscriptions is disappointing it's more or less representative of Jags apathy as a whole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, potty trained said:

I get you're upset and probably wrote that in the heat of the moment. But it is filled with inaccuracies from start to finish.

I’m not upset PT.  Perhaps sad and definitely disappointed but not upset. 

It is sad and disappointing that only 82 people subscribed as I think was an excellent service despite a few technical glitches along the way.   I paid to view for some of the away games and the quality was not up to the standard of Jagzone.  

I also understand that we were able to piggy back off the broadcasters cameras and crew last year but I’d have thought that we must already have spent an amount of capital on some of our own equipment and perhaps a very reduced service could still be offered.

and finally, I’m interested in the inaccuracies that you perceive in my post following on from your own comment about Nomands wanting everything?

20 hours ago, potty trained said:

...the Nomads wanted everything the club could throw at them...

Why would you want to alienate any section of the greater Jags family in a disparaging way?

LIB is right in saying that take up for anything is always disappointing and probably represents Jags fans apathy as a whole.  

6 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Do you think the club has done the maths on it, ascertained they make a profit off it/that a future profit is realistic, then decided to end it anyway? Unlikely. 

I’m sure that it wasn’t profitable but then neither is letting kids in for free but it’s done to promote the club in the best light and keep all Jags informed and engaged. 

These decisions (while fully considered) often have unintended consequences.  As I alluded to in the original post, if a Nomad is considering renewing a season ticket when it’s likely that they’ll only attend a couple of games in the season then streaming access to all the home games might be a deciding factor.

yeah, I’m disappointed :happy2:

Let’s not argue between ourselves about Jagzone. The economics & demand didn’t stack up. I’m included to agree with the good lady, wider apathy of our fans is more of an issue.

I get some are feeling the relegation blues, but the last few seasons we spent in the Championship had great away days and were exciting. My support for the Jags last year was Keown’s home top; this year I’ve doubled that with O’Ware home and McGinty away. I want to support the Club in the ways I can.

C’mon Thistle!

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Let’s not argue between ourselves about Jagzone. The economics & demand didn’t stack up. I’m included to agree with the good lady, wider apathy of our fans is more of an issue.

I get some are feeling the relegation blues, but the last few seasons we spent in the Championship had great away days and were exciting. My support for the Jags last year was Keown’s home top; this year I’ve doubled that with O’Ware home and McGinty away. I want to support the Club in the ways I can.

C’mon Thistle!

OK - and wearily I know what I'm letting myself in for by asking the following question.

But **** it - I'll take it in the neck, because someone has to be honest enough to do it.

Sandy -are you happier in the Championship or the Premiership  (or whatever they call these things these days)?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

OK - and wearily I know what I'm letting myself in for by asking the following question.

But **** it - I'll take it in the neck, because someone has to be honest enough to do it.

Sandy -are you happier in the Championship or the Premiership  (or whatever they call these things these days)?

Will not answer for Sandy but would answer for myself. 

I would never wish for the club to be relegated, partly because we all know through bitter experience that hammering a piton into a slippery slope can be difficult, and a downward slide can rapidly gain momentum.

Yet as Thistle fans we need to have a self-righting mechanism. Once you are in a given situation, there is no point in looking back and wishing that certain events of the past could be undone. You have to embrace the present situation (whether you wanted it to happen or not), identify the positive aspects of the new reality,  discern the rays of hope and press forward cheerfully. 

So measuring the present level of happiness against the degree of happiness that may or not have applied in an alternative universe that does not exist is an impossible exercise.

As a Jags fan, I am happily looking forward to all the good things and the different challenges season 2018-19 in the Championship will bring, and the bad things I will deal with as and when they come along.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, partickthedog said:

So measuring the present level of happiness against the degree of happiness that may or not have applied in an alternative universe that does not exist is an impossible exercise.

I can't for the life of me remember whether it was Adam Strachan or Jean-Paul McBride that expressed similar thoughts after our last relegation from the top flight. 

• Like 1