1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I can't for the life of me remember whether it was Adam Strachan or Jean-Paul McBride that expressed similar thoughts after our last relegation from the top flight. 

It might have been Stevie Fulton after he was dropped at Starks Park then he got fined for going to the pub during the game. Not much happiness under the Bunnet in those dark days.

14 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Will not answer for Sandy but would answer for myself. 

I would never wish for the club to be relegated, partly because we all know through bitter experience that hammering a piton into a slippery slope can be difficult, and a downward slide can rapidly gain momentum.

Yet as Thistle fans we need to have a self-righting mechanism. Once you are in a given situation, there is no point in looking back and wishing that certain events of the past could be undone. You have to embrace the present situation (whether you wanted it to happen or not), identify the positive aspects of the new reality,  discern the rays of hope and press forward cheerfully. 

So measuring the present level of happiness against the degree of happiness that may or not have applied in an alternative universe that does not exist is an impossible exercise.

As a Jags fan, I am happily looking forward to all the good things and the different challenges season 2018-19 in the Championship will bring, and the bad things I will deal with as and when they come along.

What you are saying is you are making the best of a bad situation.

The comparison against clubs of a similar size in terms of measurement of apathy is interesting. More simplistically though, how many of those teams offer an overseas subscription service? I think that demonstrates the viability.