New Signing - Aaron Lennox

Fawlty Towers

Interesting. I thought we'd be going with two keepers, Sneddon must be wondering when he's going to get an opportunity.

No idea if he's any good, but some experience at this level means he should be motivated to push Bell for a place in the first team.

Also, I guess he must be a step up from Scully who while he wasn't the best keeper we've had he should be ok at this level. Otherwise we'd have held on to Scully.

7 minutes ago, twinny said:

Interesting. I thought we'd be going with two keepers, Sneddon must be wondering when he's going to get an opportunity.

No idea if he's any good, but some experience at this level means he should be motivated to push Bell for a place in the first team.

Also, I guess he must be a step up from Scully who while he wasn't the best keeper we've had he should be ok at this level. Otherwise we'd have held on to Scully.

It’s only a 1 year deal that Aaron has been signed on and Jamie might be loaned out to another team 

welcome Aaron

Its refreshing to note that while other teams are strengthening and building their teams Archie is performing like he's done in the past, wait till only the dross remain then wait for the agents to unload their bingers. Season tickets are already purchased for the coming season but it feels more like throwing money into the charity box. Watch out Stirling we're coming for you. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, sabbath said:

Its refreshing to note that while other teams are strengthening and building their teams Archie is performing like he's done in the past, wait till only the dross remain then wait for the agents to unload their bingers. Season tickets are already purchased for the coming season but it feels more like throwing money into the charity box. Watch out Stirling we're coming for you. 

I can be accused of avoiding the bigger picture you paint but I can't recall any signings that our competitors have made that I feel we should've signed. That's basically an aside and not really addressing your prophecy.  I have enough faith in "wait and see" and would be considerably more despondent had we signed virtually any of the players moving this summer to the nine other clubs in the division. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sabbath said:

I didn’t know Dick Campbell still used the forum

Yep, signing a back-up keeper with a decent amount of experience at this level is definitely a sign of desperation.  I'm sure his long-haul flight here was booked due to him being the only goalkeeper left in the world willing to play for us.  

Anyway, welcome to Firhill Aaron.  It's much better than Australia.