Player Sponsorship 18/19

Fawlty Towers

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a lot of vocal support for Jamie Sneddon on the forum recently. Looks like he's about to be displaced by a Celtic youngster. Show your support of our Jamie by pledging £10 towards sponsorship. I'll even chuck in a game of Last Jag Standing for your trouble. What's not to like?

Ok, two things.

First. I've made a mistake. It's only a fiver.

Second. I'm looking for people who have not taken part in sponsorship this season. All those who have already contributed will be entered into the competition anyway.

So, thank you Rid Skwerr (and scotty), you're already in.

Now, if you haven't helped to sponsor a player this season, please help to sponsor Jamie Sneddon. Pledge £5

You get to play Last Jag Standing for a chance to win his top. It really is the most splendid fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It would be an understatement to say that it's been a difficult season. Unsurprisingly, this has affected player sponsorship. Not many contributors this season but never in the field of sponsorship have so many players been sponsored by so few.

This will be my last season doing the sponsorship and there is one Prediction League competition to come. A bloke called Souleymane Coulibaly.

Those with eagle eyes will have noticed in the programme or on the OS that we are also sponsoring Jamie Sneddon. At the end of last year, I took a punt on Jamie (I have to pay up front) as I thought we could manage one more sponsorship. But it was a player too far.  I'm very pleased that we are sponsoring Jamie but I would like to try to get some money in. There is a small overpayment with each sponsorship so I already have £30 in the kitty.

Jamie's kit will be given away in a simple lottery after the last home game of the season. Everybody who has contributed to sponsorship this season will automatically be entered. They are listed here.

belfastjag
            BowenBoys
            elevenone
            Fawlty Towers
            German Jag
            jagfox
            jaggy
            jags on tour
            JAGSMAN1968
            Lambies Lost Doo
            Monifieth_Jag
            north stander
            Peaty FC
            Rid Skwerr
            sandy
            sb1876
            scotty
            Third Lanark
            Wayfarer
            Wee Smiffy

For a £5 contribution you can join them. I will allow anyone a maximum of two entries so those listed can pledge again if they wish (I know, I'm shameless :) ).

The winner of the lottery will be determined by the winning ticket number of the half time draw on that day. I will list all the entrants with a number starting from zero. Dividing the winning ticket by the number of players will leave a remainder (or zero). This will be our winning number.

Once more unto PayPal, my friends, once more?

BB, I might consider taking it on next season. But it kinda depends how I feel at the end of this season.

Right now I’m scunnered and thinking of giving it a year off from continued GC disappointments. There’s always the Highland League up this way ;)

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, sandy said:

BB, I might consider taking it on next season. But it kinda depends how I feel at the end of this season.

Right now I’m scunnered and thinking of giving it a year off from continued GC disappointments. There’s always the Highland League up this way ;)

Good man Sandy, I'll support you.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, sandy said:

A year of GC disappointments? If you meant the last year right enough, do you not mean Partick Thistle disappointments?  While the run up to Christmas was appalling under his stewardship- the Biggest disappointment with the last year for me was the complete inability to turn up at either of 2 massive playoff games against livi - that in my opinion was the biggest disappointment we could have done so much better :no:

Nope, I meant GC disappointments.

The ‘dossiers’ on player strengths that came to nothing, his confidence he could get us promotion, his SAS blunder, his mixed signings, his failure to turn up at the PoTY awards, his coldness towards Erskine & Doolan, his inability to connect with fans, his blundersome press quotes.

Its been quite a start for the Manchester lad.