Hearts friendly

topcat

If Stuart’s fitness holds up this could be huge for us.

He was always our best player when fit, miles ahead of Edwards. The irony is of course that without that hideous injury he’d probably be the one at Hearts.

Always a 100% man, he deserves a run of fitness to show that he can become a Jags legend. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a worthwhile run out at the weekend.  Great to see Bannigan getting a few games under his belt.  If he stays fit he'll be a major asset this season.

With the reports of Storer playing deeper, it definitely looks like we're still very light in the striker department.

4 hours ago, watties wallies said:

banzo has a contract till the end of august to prove his fitness

i presume we have option to retain him or is he free to go ?

He has had 2 years wages from us for next to no return.I would hope if he manages to stay fit he will be willing to play for us for at least one season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Goalkeeper not looking too clever for any of those goals........

Bit harsh. First goal was a spawny cross that went in, second one was a screamer that no-one could stop and third one was a typical Thistle defensive balls up in that we had 3 chances to clear the ball and failed. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to the new season with a renewed optimism.

I got the impression from reports that we had played well in this game despite the score line,

but help ma boab, some of our defending is just woeful.

Re that third goal for Hearts.  I hate it when the keeper dives to the ground to save and misses the ball when it looks easier

just to get a foot or leg to the ball and deflect it away.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all have fallen in to place come the first league game. Pleeeeze God!

Edited by Harrybriscoe
Spelling

9 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Looking forward to the new season with a renewed optimism.

I got the impression from reports that we had played well in this game despite the score line,

but help ma boab, some of our defending is just woeful.

Re that third goal for Hearts.  I hate it when the keeper dives to the ground to save and misses the ball when it looks easier

just to get a foot or leg to the ball and deflect it away.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all have fallen in to place come the first league game. Pleeeeze God!

Me too. My other pet hate is the keeper taking no responsibility and simply pushing (or punching) away a ball that he could simply clutch safely to his body. It's a relatively recent development (in about the last 20 years or so), and I'd bet it has led to more goals being lost than prevented, as the push away so often falls right into the path of an opposition player. I don't know how many goals we lost from Kenny Arthur doing exactly that.

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Me too. My other pet hate is the keeper taking no responsibility and simply pushing (or punching) away a ball that he could simply clutch safely to his body. It's a relatively recent development (in about the last 20 years or so), and I'd bet it has led to more goals being lost than prevented, as the push away so often falls right into the path of an opposition player. I don't know how many goals we lost from Kenny Arthur doing exactly that.

Colin Stewart was the absolute master of that particular art!