Half Time Draw 18/19

Fawlty Towers

On 11/5/2018 at 9:26 AM, a f kincaid said:

I won the h-t draw more than a year ago.   In my case I was told I couldn't get it on the day and to come back on Monday.  As I live in Auld Reekie that was hardly an attractive option.  They took a note of my bank details and it was paid in a few days later.   As others have said, I can't understand why the prize can't be given out at the end of the match.  It is, after all, CASH.

There is a PR advantage to meeting a club representative and being given cash. If the club were organised enough, one of the players could present it and a photo of the winner receiving it could be put up on the website.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

There is a PR advantage to meeting a club representative and being given cash. If the club were organised enough, one of the players could present it and a photo of the winner receiving it could be put up on the website.

Call out the winning number, get the punter on the pitch, cash, photo. Job done.

All the points brought up on here will be raised with the club but for the moment we will still be continuing as we are. The most important thing is that we continue to generate as much as we can for youth development at our club so please remember to get your tickets at tomorrow's game. A reminder for those in the John Lambie Stand that if the turnstiles open at 2pm or just after Marc might not be in position so pop back down around twenty past to get your tickets.

Thanks for your support!

My only (late) thought on this is that the club may be sensitive to giving anyone a bag of coins to carry home.  How much does (say) £450 in coins weigh??  Do they have the facility to keep the cash but write a cheque on the day?   I'm sure they tried having the winner come down on to pitch before.  Didn't we have one match where the "winner" went down and discovered he didn't have the winning ticket after all?

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

My only (late) thought on this is that the club may be sensitive to giving anyone a bag of coins to carry home.  How much does (say) £450 in coins weigh??  Do they have the facility to keep the cash but write a cheque on the day?   I'm sure they tried having the winner come down on to pitch before.  Didn't we have one match where the "winner" went down and discovered he didn't have the winning ticket after all?

I'm sure that there would be enough notes collected to pay that way. However, your general point is a good one. Highlighting the person who will be leaving the ground with a wad of cash is probably not a great idea.

Full time in England: Sunderland 1 Thistle 2

Good to see our U18s not only being invited but winning against their counterparts from Sunderland. This is what the money raised through the 50/50 draw helps with and the more we can raise the better it is for all concerned. We don't have a home game until the 8th of December and I know December is a busy and expensive month for many so if you can't make one/any of the 3 games that month and still want to part of the draw please PM me and we can get something arranged.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Full time in England: Sunderland 1 Thistle 2

Good to see our U18s not only being invited but winning against their counterparts from Sunderland. This is what the money raised through the 50/50 draw helps with and the more we can raise the better it is for all concerned. We don't have a home game until the 8th of December and I know December is a busy and expensive month for many so if you can't make one/any of the 3 games that month and still want to part of the draw please PM me and we can get something arranged.

Out of likes.:clapping::fan:

• 3 weeks later...

After quite gap we will be back to Firhill on Saturday and tickets for the 50/50 draw will be on sale around the stadium. We realise that December is a busy and expensive month so your support is really appreciated. If the weather is as cold as it has been recently we will need to keep our fingers moving so try and keep us busy please.

Thanks, once again, for your continued support!

A few points before today's game:

1. If the weather turns nasty I will be at the same end of the JH Stand but inside (straight ahead as you come through the turnstiles).

2. Marc might be there after the turnstiles open so if you are in the JL Stand go back down around 20 past if you missed him.

3. We really appreciate your support but know today could be an expensive match as Calendars will be on sale (£8 each) and I have just found out that there is also a Beatson's collection as well so we understand if you might normally get a ticket but can't today.

C'mon The Jags!

As expected with all the various factors today's first prize was slightly less than previous weeks but £378 is still nice before Christmas (and you can then use that to buy things online through easyfundraising (https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/) - I know I am shameless).

The winning numbers were:

1st - 77265

2nd - 74242

Thanks for your support and see you next week.

Just a reminder that if the weather is poor tomorrow I will be inside the JH Stand (straight ahead when you come through the first set of turnstiles at the North End). Marc might be in position after the turnstiles open in the JL Stand so if you go in straight away go back down a bit later. Donna is at the South End of the JH Stand as normal but may have some Christmas treats! The snowman at the top of South Drive will be Ian.

Thanks, in advance, for your support!

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone who bought a ticket today on what was one of the worst weather days I have experienced at a game in a long time. Also a big thanks to our sellers for getting to Firhill and doing their stuff.

1st (£346) - 77594

2nd (Signed Ball) - 74424

Have a great Christmas and see you on the 29th (no chocolate money please).

Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone who bought a ticket today on what was one of the worst weather days I have experienced at a game in a long time. Also a big thanks to our sellers for getting to Firhill and doing their stuff.

1st (£346) - 77594

2nd (Signed Ball) - 74424

Have a great Christmas and see you on the 29th (no chocolate money please).

Thanks for your support!

Hi FT, I was lucky to be in hospitality today. Do you include the hospitality figures? It was a fairly healthy £180 for the winner

10 hours ago, jaggy said:

Hi FT, I was lucky to be in hospitality today. Do you include the hospitality figures? It was a fairly healthy £180 for the winner

Hi Jaggy

Hospitality has its own draw so the figures I quote are purely for the tickets sold to people coming through the turnstiles but all the money goes to youth development.

Quick question - how was hospitality as I have not been in a position to go now for a few seasons?

2 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Hats off to all you sellers (especially in weather yesterday).  Hope you all have a nice Xmas.

It was hats, scarves and gloves on yesterday!

Thanks for the sentiments and, of course, a very merry Christmas to all Thistle fans (okay slightly merrier for those who buy 50/50 tickets).

• Like 1